myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Israel, Iran and obama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac, you keep going on like this is some sort of final deal (you wish) but it's far from that, but Iran is happy anyway. Another successful stall tactic falls into place, they are buying time as if it were free. It's a verbal outline that both sides are so far telling their people two different versions of, but you like it, even though it seem there are two versions, take your pick.
And keep on trusting! Like Mr. Natural, marching to an Iranian beat.
I know you read Zap comics, you had to of.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So will any of you clowns actually read the outline of the deal, which reduces the number of centrifuges dramatically and includes inspections, and tell me what specifically you object to?
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfettered surprise inspections, w/o warning, not only on public lands, but on military bases as well, no matter how deep they are.
Unfettered surprise inspections, w/o warning, on new suspected enrichment facilities not previously listed, no matter how deep they are.
No lifting of any sanctions for at least a number of years to assure they are in fact complying. Once a sanction is lifted, it will be very hard to re-establish it, corporations will go in and establish businesses that will end up being a huge pushback on re-establishing the sanction.

"Keeping Iran one year away from nuke weapons for at least 10 years."
That I completely don't understand, why 10 years, what is so special about 10 years? So we'll have nothing to worry about for 10 years?
10 years goes by very quickly.
How about 30 years, or better yet, never?

Yeah, I've got big problems with what I've heard so far.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost not clownish. First, do you actually think that there are any nuclear facilities in Iran that we don't know about or wouldn't find out about as soon as they started construction? Right now all the "secret" sites have been identified and would by inspected.

Sanctions are lifted in stages, based on compliance. If nothing is lifted there is no deal--and Iran continues on the path that Bush let them start.

I think Obama is about a dozen steps ahead of you. Actually watch and decide for yourself. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/06/world/middleeast/obama-strongly-defends-iran-nuclear-deal.html?_r=0
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are incredibly trusting in BHO, Iran and our ability to know exactly what is going on there, waaaaay more than me.
Sorry but history has given me no reason to posses that kind of trust........ actually with all parties involved, and that includes the U.N.

So you love it so far, I don't, so be it.
I do find it funny that they were celebrating this "framework" in the streets of Iran, but you didn't see people partying in the streets here over the same thing.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad Mac knows exactly what the "outline" entails. It seems that three or more involved countries have different versions/understandings of the deal.

When the deal is done, then debate. So far it's just a bunch of hot air.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the outline. Have you bothered to read it?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
When the deal is done, then debate.

At that point, debate is just masturbation unless it leads to a Congressional override. I thought it was very generous of Kerry to "allow the Congress to weigh in", when in fact any such agreement without prior congressional approval is both extralegal and non-binding.

From Black's Law Dictionary: A treaty is an agreement between two or more independent states.

From http://law.onecle.com/constitution/article-2/17-treaty-making-power.html, as just one example, comes

The Treaty-Making Power

Legal Research Home > United States Constitution > The Treaty-Making Power

Clause 2. [The president] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur ...

THE TREATY-MAKING POWER
President and Senate
<snip> The constitutional clause evidently assumes that the President and Senate will be associated throughout the entire process of making a treaty ... the Senate are the Constitutional and the only responsible counsellors of the President. And may, and ought to, look into and watch over every branch of the foreign affairs of the nation; they may, therefore, at any time call for full and exact information respecting the foreign affairs ...

Negotiation ... has long since been taken over by the President; the Senate’s role in relation to treaties is today essentially legislative ... Into the field of negotiation, the Senate cannot intrude and must content itself with such information as the President chooses to furnish it.

However, the Senate has several options. They are total consent, total rejection, or amendments. Ratification for the United States is the President’s act, but it may not be forthcoming unless the Senate has consented to it by the required two-thirds of the Senators present, which signifies two-thirds of a quorum, otherwise the consent rendered would not be that of the Senate as organized under the Constitution to do business. The President's only option if he rejects the Senate's changes is to abandon the negotiation ... i.e., pick up his ball and go home.

IMO and those of many far more qualified analysts than any of us, both the GOP's and Netanyahu's actions were necessary, warranted, and legal ... far more so than those of the administration.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chucky agrees.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/chuck-schumer-bucks-white-house-on-iran-116713.html
mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--listen to the interview with Obama about how inspections work. 15 minutes in. Your question was asked and answered. Like I said, he is ten steps ahead of you. You're just paranoid.

What alternative would you suggest?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: