myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lets follow the money.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: Lets follow the money. Reply with quote

Lets follow the money. Much has been said by the right wing about George Sorros putting money into politics. So the right wing in essence is claiming money by a liberal does have some importance. So lets see what ya got right wingers.

I will start with this one. You do not hear much about the richest companies in the USA and where their political money goes. Here is a rare glimpse. Just one of the donations was only 1.9 billion dollars who know what else they put money into. Generally they put more money into lobbyists than any other place.

http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christies-exxon-settlement-be-blocked-new-jersey-senators-1835190
Quote:
The reported settlement follows a flood of campaign cash from the company to the Republican Governors Association, which Christie chairs. Exxon Mobil has donated more than $1.9 billion to the group since Christie’s first run for governor in 2009. When asked whether the settlement reduction represents a gift to Exxon Mobil, Lesniak told International Business Times “one can certainly see it that way.”

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How absolutely laughable, such unrecognized, introspective-less arrogance, but THAT is your forte, is it not? Should we follow your money down to Baja, and the people you screwed over with your business ethics void life? Now that would be a far more interesting topic.

I know, big waaaah, from the cry baby about trolling.
pointster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Lets follow the money. Reply with quote

baja-human wrote:
Lets follow the money. Much has been said by the right wing about George Sorros putting money into politics. So the right wing in essence is claiming money by a liberal does have some importance. So lets see what ya got right wingers.

I will start with this one. You do not hear much about the richest companies in the USA and where their political money goes. Here is a rare glimpse. Just one of the donations was only 1.9 billion dollars who know what else they put money into. Generally they put more money into lobbyists than any other place.

http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christies-exxon-settlement-be-blocked-new-jersey-senators-1835190
Quote:
The reported settlement follows a flood of campaign cash from the company to the Republican Governors Association, which Christie chairs. Exxon Mobil has donated more than $1.9 billion to the group since Christie’s first run for governor in 2009. When asked whether the settlement reduction represents a gift to Exxon Mobil, Lesniak told International Business Times “one can certainly see it that way.”

I believe it should be $1.9 million, not billion. Chump change, when you consider that they spent $3 million to influence the mayoral and city council election in Richmond, CA (where usual cost for a mayor campaign is approx $40-50,000). Fortunately, the entire Exxon slate lost. Looks like they got more of a bargain in NJ.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Chevron, not Exxon, that tried to subvert the election in Richmond. Not that Exxon doesn't spend small fortunes for political gain. Read between the lines in the bleating by the Archbishop, and you see their agenda. Provide oil security for us in everywhere we have to explore to maintain a carbon economy--but don't tax us to pay for it, or put the cost of oil security (or any costs of dealing with their externalities--like particulate pollution) on the products--it might affect demand.

Nobody hates market forces like big businesses. Lip service about it--and then use their political might to cut a sweetheart deal.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets follow the money. Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
I believe it should be $1.9 million, not billion. Chump change, when you consider that they spent $3 million to influence the mayoral and city council election in Richmond, CA (where usual cost for a mayor campaign is approx $40-50,000). Fortunately, the entire Exxon slate lost. Looks like they got more of a bargain in NJ.

.....and how could anyone forget that they shot Trayvon Martin and deleted Hillary's emails. Bastards!
mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last word. Correct for a change.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of denigrating baja-human for his post, why don't we recognize that money injected by questionable sources into our political system and the election process has its untoward costs to the nation. The Supreme Court's ruling in the Citizen United case is arguably the worst judicial decision in modern times, and it allows monied sources, right and left, to buy influence, and ultimately policy. This travesty of justice is totally unacceptable in my view, and I would hope that Congress would legislate a solution to ban unlimited unanimous contributions to our election process.

Unfortunately, I don't think that our Republican majorities in Congress will lead the charge on this, because their wealthy individual and corporate benefactors wouldn't support it. I guess the only positive point to the situation is that progressive minded interests find an influence in contributions to the Democratic party and its ideals.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canuckmachuck wrote:
How absolutely laughable, such unrecognized, introspective-less arrogance, but THAT is your forte, is it not? Should we follow your money down to Baja, and the people you screwed over with your business ethics void life? Now that would be a far more interesting topic.

I know, big waaaah, from the cry baby about trolling.

troll post...my little stalker little troll

hey troll look up and see if I filed an ethics complaint with the california bar association on opposing council before the arbitrator made his last ruling.... maybe then you will figure out why he has a beef with me... Imagine having a ethics violation filed that obviously had merrit filed on ya.... The bar association did not throw out the complaint, they said only the judge/arbitrator could sanction him, i did not want sanctions, i wanted him dis-barred.

When the arbitrator learned of this he went ballistic after ruling on my behalf in the last part. The arbitration association made a mistake and copied a confidential communications to the arbitrator that I had filed an complaint with the california board to have that attorney dis-barred for what I believe I showed was lying to the arbitrator. Next new appointed arbitrator ruled on my behalf that that attorney had to turn over my confidential patentable drawings that mysteriously disappeared from his office. Also the first arbitrator should have recused himself because he represented one of the companies largest customers. Basically he removed himself after the ruling which is unusual, generally they stay as long as there are disputes but he did quit. He should have before he made his last ruling.

And note I quit the company for several things, because of what I saw as mis-representation on their part of what the company had technologically. This what i saw mis-representation I relied on when I exclusively licensed the technology. They finally fired or removed their other major co-owner because of this.

Around that point we also went to a trade show and I had a very special computer back in the late 90s it was a tablet touch screen one, and the president of the company dropped it and broke it and would not replace it so I quit with these other issues. When I quit we agreed later I would come back and work part time and I could run my other businesses that I have always had from their location. And one of my businesses was contract engineering. When I had quit I also did my contract engineering I had been living off of for 5 years before meeting them.

I then got real upset there and it was basically the final straw when they had an intern I had hired what I considered fabricate testing data. I had a blowout with the owner on that and that was the last straw, I knew that the part time working was ovr when I would not allow that to happen... and it was. So we had been negotiating some stock issues in the meantime, they were claiming their stock was worth bank to put pressure on me to return stock or pay taxes on stock that had no tangible value.... So they messed up... And did not send a notice of re-newel of the license as stated in the license. and I used a provision in the contract. So they filed in arbitration that they still had the exclusive license. Note when I the inventor made the deal with them I was not represented by an attorney during that process. So their attorney wrote the initial license in essence.

During the first part of the arbitration, i was represented by an attorney, a slime (I later found out one of his best friends was opposing councils brother). Anyway I think my attorney made a huge mistake and told the arbitrator that the he believed the opposing council could be liable for the damages I think it was for negligence or something like that. And the company I licensed it to argued basically if you rule that we had to renew the license as it says in the contract some 30 people will be out of work the next week. (not true, I had told them we would renew with other terms, and that we could continue as the contract states till a new one was done) That was what the first part of the arbitration and what it was over. The arbitrator ruled that they still had a exclusive license.

Second part of the arbitration I fired my attorney and I represented myself and won that part. then the arbitration association made the mistake of sending my confidential letter to the arbitrator that I was seeking to have the opposing attorney dis-barred. That arbitrator blew a gasket. I had asked the arbitration association to remove him when I found out they sent that letter to him because I know attorneys protect each other, that is human nature.

Well after some time they offered to buy out the contract after I audited them and found many things that I then filed arbitration against them. In that part that slime ball attorney then was ordered to turn over the missing drawings. That had mysteriously dis-appeared. Then they bought out the license in an agreement for a lump sum, they had projections of huge sales. in that buyout I retained some of the other technologies to be their competitor.

Next some of the potential customers told me that they were being told I did not have the rights to these technologies. So I sent a letter to them and the company saying these were my technologies and believe it or not my writing was not clear, go figure, you have seen my writing. anyway we settled that dispute with no penalty to anyone and I have the rights still to this day to my technologies. But I later changed to another patented product in a different market.

That company as I figured no engineering talent died. I ended up with 7 figures buyout at the end and luckily so.

My lessons, first is do not hire an attorney who is opposing councils brothers best friend, file the ethics violation with the California bar association after the case is over, do not allow a arbitrator to be working for the opposing companies largest customer.

Some of the companies people are still friends of mine, and I not long ago had a potential funder of my present other not closely related technology that I looked up the old owner to see if he may be available to run my other technology. But that funding never materialized, had to give up too much of the pie. It was a shame as he became a good friend back then and he is very talented as a president of a company. I really would hire him to run a company if the chance came up. At the time he was answering to the funders of the company and had to do what he had to do as requested.

I never brought up the issue of the testing data in the arbitration that would have damaged them significantly, because I did not want to harm the student's future career and was not willing to play that low. Just like I could have brought up the issues of the president and other personal things, but it just was not part of the case but could have been. When I had my company do the work for them we had agreed I could work part time and run my other businesses. This was one of my businesses. again it was a license that they estimated would pay me several million dollars, why would I jeopardize it for about 10k of consulting fees. Again I told them about it but they conveniently did not remember (go figure), so that 30 or so people would not in their words be out of work..

So troll you have it. You can either believe that attorney that I did file ethics charges on with supporting documents, I am sure the california bar association has the documents as public record. You will see the dates match up before the arbitrator blew his gaskit.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine that, with all your self-proclaimed intelligence you couldn't have avoided such a mess. I've found those who never have to make excuses, never do anything that needs excusing. Ah ha, wink wink, I believe you were the victim.
pointster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, My bad. Chevron not Exxon ( they all look alike to me). But still, million not billion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 1 of 47

Jump to: