myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Is my board too small?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antonputman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pmict. Thanks for your your help.

Just as an update, I have sold my 3S in the mean time. I know it was a keeper but I will get another one down the road. I have very limited storing space and a 2 board quiver is all I can have at the moment.

Right now I need to concentrate on gybing and small wave riding. But I needed a big enough volume, stable and safe board. Therefore I choose the Naish Starship 115.
I also thought about the Exocet Cross 114, but the Naish has better resell value here in Italy.
I let go the FreeMove road thanks to this topic and similar discussions in surf shops. I would have gotten a SB AtomIQ 110 but the 75cm width did not convince me at all.

Now I have to wait trying the Starship because I have a little problem with my hand...
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20-35 MPH is not closer to feasible for 100 liter boards. Sure, 20 is fine, but above 28, probably not.
104 Magic Rides sail like 115 freeride boards, so that is the BIGGEST you can consider. That width makes it almost impossible in +27 mph winds.
Probably something like an all riding 109, at 62cm wide, can be your high wind board. And, 4.7 in anything approaching a real 32mph wind is totally not possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: