myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Put children in jail or send them to be killed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, have you ever asked yourself why the majority of Republicans don't support immigration reform? The only thing that they boldly broadcast over and over is their desire for border control. It's a red herring. Foolishly, you believe that Democrats and liberals are supportive of an open border, which most knowledgeable folks know is completely untrue. Why is that? It's a telltale of where most Republicans get their news.

The primary reason that Hispanics illegally cross our borders is jobs. If we crack down heavily on Americans and employers that hire them, the problem would significantly abate over a relatively short period of time. With respect to the illegal immigrants that have been here for many years, you give them the opportunity to be here legally as long as they meet specific criteria. Mostly that would mean green cards, but there should also be an avenue for citizenship over time where they prove themselves to be responsible and worthy citizens. Let's be honest, there is no way in hell that we will able to deport 12-20 million illegal immigrants. Even if it was possible, the negative economic consequences would be immense.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, I generally agree with you. However, I think that close to 100% of conservatives want some kind of immigration reform. I am all for keeping immigrants who have job skills and work ethic here.

OTOH, why do you think it would be difficult to remove 12 million illegals? Give them a 60 day notice to move like landlords do, offer free bus rides 200 miles south, and give them each $1000. (Australia pays them to leave BTW) I say this in jest, but it would be very possible.

You would see wages increase immediately for Americans. You'd see apartment rents fall, you'd see less traffic in major cities. Not all bad. I think we'd all agree that 2-3 million of the 12-15 million are useless. Why not put the clamp on them, while slowly moving 1 million per year into our country according to our needs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: