myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
War!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nationalize the US oil industry.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:

Yeah, that's worked so well in Venezuela and other communist/facist/oligarchies.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:

Yeah, that's worked so well in Venezuela and other communist/facist/oligarchies.

Look a bit closer to home, for you both literally and figuratively. Mexico seems to be doing OK with it. Is Mexico a communist/facist/oligarchy?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:

Look a bit closer to home, for you both literally and figuratively. Mexico seems to be doing OK with it. Is Mexico a communist/facist/oligarchy?

http://online.wsj.com/articles/mexico-outlines-plan-to-open-some-oil-reserves-to-foreign-companies-1407957987

It's worked so well for them, they're opening up fields to private companies... Rolling Eyes

If you want America to look like Mexico, start nationalizing important industries like oil and healthcare. Embarassed

PS, Mexico is an oligarchy, controlled by a few wealthy patrons of the ruling party.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, why provide a link to a WSJ article that is blocked to non-subsribers? That's a loser in my book. Are you taking lessons from isobars?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEXICO CITY—Mexico on Wednesday set aside the bulk of its currently active oil fields for Petróleos Mexicanos as the government ends the national oil firm's seven-decade monopoly but said private companies will be allowed to bid on four-fifths of prospective resources.

Officials hope that the bidding, starting as soon as next year, will spark an energy boom.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
I never said the Obama Administration deserves credit for the increase in petroleum production. You are putting a lot of words in my mouth. I only pointed out that you chose to cherry pick the data to make your point.

With respect, this is what you said in response to a post I made which contained no data, cherry picked or otherwise. Is there any other way to interpret it?

coboardhead wrote:
And yet domestic energy production reached an all time high during his tenure. If it is good it happens in spite of Obama. If it is bad it is because of Obama. I get it!

If energy production on Federal lands had experienced the same increase that has been enjoyed on non-Federal lands, we would be well on our way to independence from Middle East sources. The large drop is a direct result of this Administration's policies. How could it be otherwise? They run that show.

This is the math...Oil production on Federal lands is up 28% 2009 to 2013. Oil production on non-Federal lands is up 38%. Production on non-federal lands represent nearly 70% of the production. So, I don't buy your summary.

Now, as I noted earlier...off shore production is down. It makes no sense to me to look the other way after the Gulf oil spill and increase production when we are making up for the reduction in other areas.

Let's assume for a minute that Obama said. "Hey no problem, you guys are cool...it won't happen again....drill baby drill". And, lets' assume similar growth in production on Federal (total land and offshore) to non-Federal (wouldn't happen because prices would drop). Now, oil prices are down...mid-East powers require oil revenue...more destabilization in the region.

Now, Obama gets blamed for more strife in the mid-East because economies suffer more because he encouraged US over-production. Just a theory...although we do know that Obama gets blamed regardless.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
we do know that Obama gets blamed regardless.

It's called karma. After all, he and his sycophants STILL ... after SIX YEARS ... try to blame Bush for everything everything from the economy to ISIS to the failure of Cash for Clunkers to the Benghazi coverup.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPEC's share is dropping...AGAIN.

http://www.worldenergynews.com/news/opecs-oil-market-share-shrinks-608167

For those that like to simplify the problems in the mid-East to "bomb baby bomb" consider what would happen if the US really DID ramp up oil production. Not, necessarily, a good thing.

Hmmm...wonder if anyone thought of that

http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/Mideast-oil-turmoil-prices/2013/07/19/id/516034/

So..

Obama voted against the war against Saddam's WMD
Obama singlehandedly reduces growth of US oil to save mid-East economy.

I wonder if he IS the smartest guy in the room.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
This is the math...Oil production on Federal lands is up 28% 2009 to 2013. Oil production on non-Federal lands is up 38%. Production on non-federal lands represent nearly 70% of the production. So, I don't buy your summary.

You are obfuscating. Energy production on Federal properties is way down. That is a direct result of government policy. Energy production on non-Federal properties is way up. Those are indisputable facts. The Obama Administration repeatedly taking credit for production increases is deliberately disingenuous and yet you still characterize him as a poor, unfortunate victim of unfair criticism. He must have pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36

Jump to: