myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Stolen Van filled with Windsurfing Gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
isobars wrote:
Move to a state that allows you to shoot thieves on sight.

Always nice to know the potential murderers among us Confused

What kind of twisted logic calls someone who shoots a thief a murderer?
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I still hope that kirk locates his van and all his windsurfing equipment.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
dvCali wrote:
isobars wrote:
Move to a state that allows you to shoot thieves on sight.

Always nice to know the potential murderers among us Confused

So you would be OK with a candy shop owner blowing away a child who is caught shop lifting a piece of candy? Talk about twisted logic.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
You know, I still hope that kirk locates his van and all his windsurfing equipment.

THIS is the topic :

please open a thread somewhere for the moral hi ground discussion

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:

It's not a matter of logic. Murder is killing someone illegally.
gerritt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be illegal to shoot a simple thief who presents no threat to your, or someone else's safety.

That said, you do have a right to use reasonable force to protect your property. Most jurors would likely feel it is unreasonable to simply "shoot a thief" that presents no threat to your safety. Any thief entering your home is presumptively a threat to your safety and you will likely be given a pass for shooting first and asking questions later.

However, shooting an unarmed thief who is not in your home, rather than alerting him to the fact you have a gun and will use it, either to get him to drop your stuff and leave, or to place him under arrest, might just get you arrested for murder. A manslaughter conviction would be the likely outcome, but you never know. Either way you are getting locked up and someone is dead.

Killing someone, even when justified, carries a cost. As usual, Iso has taken over a thread with inflammatory remarks typed without thinking.

Sorry about your van, Kirk. I hope you get it back.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I offered 18 solutions aimed at preventing the topic of this thread. It was you guys who made one of them an issue, claimed I said things I did not (shooting children for candy*), and wrongly think that all states follow the same laws.

* And you expect a "conversation" about ... well ... anything?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Um, I offered 18 solutions aimed at preventing the topic of this thread. It was you guys who made one of them an issue, claimed I said things I did not (shooting children for candy*), and wrongly think that all states follow the same laws.

* And you expect a "conversation" about ... well ... anything?

Let me break it down for since your ability to comprehend the written word appears to be irretrievably compromised.

I did not respond to your post. I did not claim you said anything about candy and children. However, your gigantic ego causes you to immediately presume that all statements are made to you, or about you.

If you track the conversation, you will observe that I responded to beaglebuddy who said in response to dvCali: "What kind of twisted logic calls someone who shoots a thief a murderer?"

beaglebuddy appears to be advocating for shooting, and possibly killing, those caught in the act of stealing. My question to him, NOT to you was whether he thought it was acceptable to shoot and possibly kill, a child stealing candy. Theft is theft. I was attempting to have beaglebuddy, NOT you, explain why that would be acceptable to him.

I expect nothing from you as it pertains to an open and honest conversation on any subject. You have made it abundantly clear that you lack the humility, intellect and moral integrity for such a conversation. You can't even discern when a comment is made to you or another forum member and you have falsely accused me of ascribing a statement to you. Again, so there is no confusion, my question, not a statement, was directed to beaglebuddy, NOT you.
MrFish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, this place has become completely unusable when every single topic -- including someone searching for their stolen gear, which should be safe enough -- is allowed to be hijacked by someone posting some right wing nonsense, or laughable all about themselves promotion.

I mean I clicked on this, like most others to see if it was in my neck of the woods, so I could keep an eye out.

It wasn't within a thousand miles.

Normal response: move on.

Normal response (here): brave, internet tough guys (also I believe in other states) posting about shooting someone.

Pretty sorry excuse for a message board.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFish wrote:

Pretty sorry excuse for a message board.
The message board is great, its Iso who causes it to go off the deep end all the time.
Like the filibuster, it's time for him to go. He does nothing to advance windsurfing or honest discussion. He won't leave on his own so I think its time for iwindsurf to shitcan his ass.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: