myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Maui Windsurf Company any one rented gear there recently ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Maui Windsurf Company any one rented gear there recently ? Reply with quote

Going to the promise land mid October. Have not rented from Maui Windsurf Company since the 90's. Any feedback out there. I am a larger person and my most common Maui sail is a 5.8 and a 90-100 litre wave board. The Goya quad 104 looks fun as I rode the 95 Quad a few years ago over there. quads are nice for going back upwind after wave rides and keeping you from swimming home from camp one if you hit the reef with a single fin. Looking at the higher volume Goya ones for my wife.
jgda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Rent at Second Wind Reply with quote

Used to rent at Pryde for years. Management changed, and although I really like those guys, they just did not have the same quality or more importantly quantity of equipment they have had in the past.

I switched mid-week last spring to Second Wind at the enouragement of my friends who live on Maui. Great gear, RRD and I think they were adding Fanatic and Maui Sails.

Have fun....
loosescrew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the best place to rent is Second Wind - Kevin is doing an incredible job with great gear and rentals. He has the RRD's and I believe the Fanatics and now recently added MauiSails which are probably the best sails on the market. Uppers is now known as Ghost Reef.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: