myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
IRRESPONSIBLE KITER 8-15-2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windanceshop1 wrote:
We are also hoping the kiter shows up and apologizes.

And, of course, pays all equipment and medical costs and then goes on probation to both the courts and kangaroo court. This crap's got to stop and iKitesurf refuses to even post items like this, so our only recourses are the courts and/or on-scene.
wmike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Hey, bug --

I could have Ann's last name wrong. I've known her for 20 years, but only by Ann. The last name was hearsay from a mutual friend. The case was widely known, Ann and I have discussed it several times, and I don't know the monetary amount of her claim. I apologize for knowing something you don't.

Isobars,

I know both women involved and contacted both. You are incorrect, the kiter paid everything that both women wanted including medical and pain and suffering. No law suits were done. And you do have Ann's name correct. Both of them are reading this and laughing but prefer not to respond to you.

Mike
johnl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugaboo wrote:

Fourth, the boating laws have no application to what happened. There is no legal basis to make that conclusion. If your take is that the boating laws do apply, and by extension that kite boy is subject to felony prosecution because he ditched, that’s BS.

Not that I really want to get involved in this pissing contest but Mike is right. I brought up the maritime laws. But no I didn't work for LAPD Mike. I have no idea where you got that.

But Bugaboo if you really don't think there are laws governing YOU while you are out sailing obviously haven't been paying attention in the lovely US of A. There are laws governing everything. Including you out sailing. Just ask any SUP paddler. Did you know they have to have a PFD AND some kind of permit JUST to paddle on the Columbia? But you think nothing regulates windsurfers and kiters? Dream on.

What I said was it wasn't worth my time to find the proper law that would apply to a boating accident. And YES windsurfers and kiters are considered vessels in the water, BUT I would have to read ALL the definitions and all the descriptions in the code to see if there is one (hint vessel and boat might not be interchangeable )that applies. Mike took the shortcut which doesn't work in legalities so I have NO idea if the code he plucked out of the Internet even applies.

I can't tell you how much time I have had to spend researching codes and definitions to find the proper code to charge somebody I had arrested. I know it was more than a 5 minute websearch especially since most likely it will be some obscure code.

But what cracks me up is why even argue about this. We don't even have a suspect or even a motivated victim....
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitesalmonmike wrote:
Isobars,

I know both women involved and contacted both. You are incorrect, the kiter paid everything that both women wanted including medical and pain and suffering. No law suits were done.

That explains why Bugaboo couldn't find a record of the suit. However, I was told the kiter agreed to pay, failed to do so, and needed another round of legal encouragement to pony up. Details, details; the kiter was still liable. Thanks for clearing up those details.
WMP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trburl wrote:

Karma-wise, that is a boatload of bad shit.

.... and kite boy continues to refuse to say "sorry". He should simply file for karma bankruptcy and then come clean, then try harder to follow the golden rule of the gorge river community. It would certainly resolve the conflict here.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
I didn't work for LAPD Mike. I have no idea where you got that..

An easy leap, right or wrong, and the distinction isn't important to this thread (or to most people who seldom get near that part of CA). We know you're a retired LEO from Orange County, which is officially (Census Bureau) part of LA. Honest mistake, no offense or implications intended.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
Mike took the shortcut which doesn't work in legalities so I have NO idea if the code he plucked out of the Internet even applies.

Neither do I, and it's not important for the very reason you imply and I stated: we aren't trying the kiter (yet); we're just trying to impress upon people the importance and some potential means of doing something about dangerous behavior.
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
johnl wrote:
I didn't work for LAPD Mike. I have no idea where you got that..

An easy leap, right or wrong, and the distinction isn't important to this thread (or to most people who seldom get near that part of CA). We know you're a retired LEO from Orange County, which is officially (Census Bureau) part of LA. Honest mistake, no offense or implications intended.

Actually I worked in OC for 9 years but retired from UC Berkeley after 20 years (just to get facts right). It's just LAPD has an image I don't want to be associated with 😊 But no worries no offense taken..
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
johnl wrote:
Mike took the shortcut which doesn't work in legalities so I have NO idea if the code he plucked out of the Internet even applies.

Neither do I, and it's not important for the very reason you imply and I stated: we aren't trying the kiter (yet); we're just trying to impress upon people the importance and some potential means of doing something about dangerous behavior.

I almost hate to say this, but uh I think we agree with each other on this 😊
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, nothing but smiles, shakas, and peace signs (peace signs, really???) between the kiters and I over by the White Salmon bridge today. I love it when the tourists are gone 😊 (I know I used to be one...)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: