myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
IRRESPONSIBLE KITER 8-15-2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
control freaks and trolls

Pot, allow me to introduce kettle.

isobars wrote:
The very broad legal answer is, “Yes, as derived from The Constitution, Article III, Section 2.”

Article III Courts are federal courts of limited jurisdiction. An Article III Court will not hear State criminal charges or personal injury cases between citizens of the same State. Therefore, your statement is incorrect.

Oh, and did you forget that all of the entities you mentioned, courts, cops, and legislators are all governmental entities? Relying on the government to solve your problems via any of the entities you listed is the definition of Nannyism.

Can't solve your problem without government assistance? Probably can't pull yourself up by your own boot straps either.
isobans

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are people going to start having idiots, no matter what toy they're on, prosecuted and jailed? Until then, silent victims are part of the problem. Had Dave been knocked unconscious even briefly, severely lacerated, or incurred a cervical fracture, he may have died right there. It's time someone went to the other extreme and put one of these miscreants in prison for a few years after taking a few hundred thousand dollars out of their pockets. This one is not a jerk; he is a criminal and a felon, and Benito is even worse because his assault was clearly premeditated.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statement correct, youwindsurf. You ignored "as derived from" and "Legal nitpicking".

Again, how would you stop someone from physically assaulting your wife? Quote some statutes?

Last edited by isobars on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Isobras?
isobans

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Again, how would you stop someone from physically assaulting your wife? Quote some statues?

Statue quote:

iso-spank.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.78 KB
 Viewed:  9673 Time(s)

iso-spank.jpg

maxpowers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, Isobars, you're becoming so well known that I'd like to interview you for a mag article.

How can we get in touch without giving our contact info out to everyone else?

And, to the other guys that told me to get kiter friends, all have to say is NO. I've been bashing kites the first guy copied Cory. I won't stop now.

And, seriously, it's kind of a joke. I haven't shot a paint ball gun or bottle rockets at a kiter in over 12 years.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
Alright, Isobars, you're becoming so well known that I'd like to interview you for a mag article.

How can we get in touch without giving our contact info out to everyone else?

I've posted everything but my Social Security number and health records (which some loons demanded I post), because, unlike those loons, I have written virtually nothing I'm ashamed of. I'm sure you could fill several issues from my tens of thousands of posts. Dig, boy ... dig.

And if you're no more honest than dozens of these people, you'll twist and distort and take out of context and misattribute and outright fabricate almost every post, so you may as well just give keyboards to a billion monkeys and have them type the article for you.

Want proof? The only thing keeping mac from declaring me a racist because I typed the word "monkey" (and the words "boy", "color", "knuckledragger", "Schwarzenegger", and "golden retriever" in the past) is that I called him on it in advance and he can't stand my being right about something.

He's a very frustrated guy. Wink
maxpowers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what? I don't care about this thread. Well, it's funny and all. I just think you've said enough on iWindsurf that quite a bit of people wonder who the man behind the name is. I could care less about whether you're lying about running into someone or being misinterpreted. Sounds kind of boring to me, actually.

If you want an interview in a real life windsurfing publication, we can do an interview. You'll probably get a picture with it. Most windsurfers think that's pretty cool. I'm not going to dig around this site to find a place you may have accidentally answered a question I might ask. It's kind of strange that you told me to do that.

So, I'll put it like this: if you want to do it, let's get in touch. If not, no sweat. But it's a real offer. I'm not out to torch you. I've only done that to like two people. But I never bothered asking them questions. So you should be safe. The guys at the Gorge Surf Shop have my number. If you want to do it, give them a call and ask for my number. Then call or drop me a text with a time to talk.
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
I just think you've said enough on iWindsurf that quite a bit of people wonder who the man behind the name is.

Mmmmm I think we have a pretty good idea who that is. Don't really need to know any more. It's kinda like wondering who the people are in the Walmart pictures are really like.... Shocked

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
I just think you've said enough on iWindsurf that quite a bit of people wonder who the man behind the name is.

If you want an interview in a real life windsurfing publication, we can do an interview. You'll probably get a picture with it. Most windsurfers think that's pretty cool. I'm not going to dig around this site to find a place you may have accidentally answered a question I might ask. It's kind of strange that you told me to do that.

.. it's a real offer. I'm not out to torch you. I've only done that to like two people. But I never bothered asking them questions. So you should be safe. The guys at the Gorge Surf Shop have my number.

You're welcome to call or PM me anytime. Just about everyone here knows my name and home town (Mike Fick, Kennewick, WA), and my phone number (which I've posted) is in the book. I've known Garry and Scooter and Bart and MANY other Gorge locals for >20 years, so it's not like I'm a stranger to the scene. I'll be right here, as after 33 years of WSing, the past 25 being full time with heavy Gorge focus, I'm laid up for a year with a knee reconstruction.

As for getting an interview in a "real life windsurfing publication" ... I wrote one for years, often cover to cover. Jim Ballantyne told me people from around the country would walk into his Hood River Sail World shop pointing to my Performance Windsurf Report Magazine gorge gear test results and saying, "I want one of these, and one of these, and one of those ...". I've talked with and/or published my personal interviews with many of the industry's pioneers and movers and shakers, from world champions to the founder of Windsurfing Hawaii to Jim Drake. I wrote the pioneer windsurfing industry trade magazine, which survived about as long as I told the owner it would when the industry was rapidly shrinking. I've been asked by fellow windsurfers to write a book on the topic (as though >20,000 posts doesn't fill that square), and many of my tutorials have been published in venues ranging from other windsurfing magazines to WSing websites, one in several languages from multiple continents.

And that's just in the field of windsurfing.

You'd understand my initial and lingering suspicions if you had been wallowing in this and previous WSing forums for the past year or 20; there are a LOT of sick people here, several of whom think it's acceptable human behavior to feign interest as a trolling tactic. As just this thread alone demonstrates, far too many of the people in this sport behave more like hemorrhoids than humans.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20

Jump to: