myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
COYOTE PT lost for the summer!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't most of the Coyote windsurfers already in their 80's..just kidding Laughing
mogunn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmanex wrote:
On a side note. I find this action on the part of the San Mateo County Parks to be completely unacceptable. I say we knock down the fences.

This is a project that many of us have been involved with since 2007. There was plenty of time over several tears for public input. The Parks Department listened to and addressed all our concerns regarding upgrading access for windsurfing and kiteboarding.
It's too bad it took so long for the funding, but the end result should be much better than what we've had since the "temporary" sandbag ramps were built. The fact that access would be limited during construction was a known issue from the beginning.
Next season should be great at Coyote. Smile

mogunn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bert wrote:
Aren't most of the Coyote windsurfers already in their 80's..just kidding Laughing

Hey Bert, I won't be 80 'til next year. Wink

geohaye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things are worth the wait...

Great job everyone who gave input and helped make these improvements happen.

It sounds like Jesse at Boardsports was key -- to get the fences opened quickly, appealing to that ice cream eater was just the ticket. Idea
madmanex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:
madmanex wrote:
On a side note. I find this action on the part of the San Mateo County Parks to be completely unacceptable. I say we knock down the fences.

This is a project that many of us have been involved with since 2007. There was plenty of time over several tears for public input. The Parks Department listened to and addressed all our concerns regarding upgrading access for windsurfing and kiteboarding.
It's too bad it took so long for the funding, but the end result should be much better than what we've had since the "temporary" sandbag ramps were built. The fact that access would be limited during construction was a known issue from the beginning.
Next season should be great at Coyote. Smile

The "plan" also included the construction taking place from December through February. Just because it has been delayed a few years, why the rush now to inconvenience ALL park users during the prime summer months? Even if the project was put off for 2 months it would make a TREMENDOUS difference.
mogunn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmanex wrote:
The "plan" also included the construction taking place from December through February. Just because it has been delayed a few years, why the rush now to inconvenience ALL park users during the prime summer months? Even if the project was put off for 2 months it would make a TREMENDOUS difference.

The Parks Department informed us, as early as 2007, that no shoreline rehab could take place at Coyote between September and March due to an environmental issue (IIRC, eelgrass and herring or some such thing) so any improvements to that area would be during our season. Even the sandbag ramps were delayed by months due to the moratorium. Retaining access during the construction process was a major issue brought up by users and the Parks Department assured us that they would provide access to the water.

dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmanex wrote:

Not sure it is much of an inconvenience ... The east most beach in the Park is still open, and it looks like it will remain open during construction. You can launch from there quite easily, and the access from Boardsports still works ,,, so ... it is ok, think how nice it will look.
combinatorial

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a call back today from the county parks supervisor. He confirmed what has been said here... they have adapted plans the last few days as they can to retain access for windsurfers, the permits required they be done by October so it couldn't be done off-season, and that originally they had planned to do this is stages, but that the funding and permits all came together at once and so they decided to get it done.
carl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
Not sure it is much of an inconvenience ... The east most beach in the Park is still open, and it looks like it will remain open during construction. You can launch from there quite easily, and the access from Boardsports still works ,,, so ... it is ok, think how nice it will look.

"east most beach" would be inside the swim area? Can you now launch inside the swim area? As far as I know, it was forbiden to sail there. More east would be rocks below where the old restaurant was. (un-advisable to sail there because of underwater rocks).
I agree it will be very nice when the ramps are finished.
Arrgh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boardsportsshop wrote:
i am personally hoping it looks like the Caribbean when they are done. Replace everything, including the water in the bay.

I shall happily fly in from Rio (Vista) to sail in your warm, blue waters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: