myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject: 2020-03-27 Windsurfing Pleasure Point Reply with quote

Fun day at Pleasure Point. Used my SailSUP Angulo 10' 2" and Ezzy Elite 6.1. Overpowered out by the kelp where it was blowing as high as 20 knots.

Pics below at the bottom.

While driving home I checked out New Brighton and found that the Beach Access Parking is now closed. A park guy was posting a closing at Sea Cliff State Beach as I checked it out. He said as far as he knows it is for the duration...

Another evening report I got was that Natural Bridges Parking was closed today although three folk got out by parking outside the park.

This is not good.

Plus some guy told me at Pleasure Point as I was loading my car not to come back. Surfers only.

All the other comments from actual surfers today that I heard were positive. Not to say maybe there were some out of earshot of my failing hearing that were not.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

2020-03-27 Windsurfing Pleasure Point 01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.48 MB
 Viewed:  10296 Time(s)

2020-03-27 Windsurfing Pleasure Point 01.png

2020-03-27 Windsurfing Pleasure Point at Jack's 01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  996.81 KB

2020-03-27 Windsurfing Pleasure Point at Jack's 01.png

2020-03-27 Windsurfing Pleasure Point at Jack's 02.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.14 MB

2020-03-27 Windsurfing Pleasure Point at Jack's 02.png

dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: 2020-03-27 Windsurfing Pleasure Point Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:

Another evening report I got was that Natural Bridges Parking was closed today although three folk got out by parking outside the park.

You are not alone: Crissy Field is closed, Coyote Point is closed, Candlestick is closed (and the parking outside overran by homeless's RVs, so you cannot really park anywhere close to launch area. I was there a couple of days ago and it looed like a scene from Mad Max. the park empty, RVs in various states of degradation, one person going around in long underwear, one fishing, and some of the usual nuts doing donuts in the middle of the street).

Is TI still open? With other few secret spots it might be the last option Shocked
loopless

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020-03-27 Windsurfing Pleasure Point Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Fun day at Pleasure Point. Used my SailSUP Angulo 10' 2" and Ezzy Elite 6.1. Overpowered out by the kelp where it was blowing as high as 20 knots.

Cool to see those pics, I always wondered where you sailed!

There is always one old bitter surfer that can't stand people having more fun than he is and thinks he is the lineup enforcer. As long as you are not cutting through the lineup who cares.
bprice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice WS Foiling at Lopez today. Not perfect conditions but might be one of the last lake sessions for awhile. The Marina store closes tomorrow evening and the day use might be included Monday. Camping is already closed. Day to day now so call ahead. Pismo/Oceano just announced closure too, as have most other state parks in our area.
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have to admit on one wave that was the first wave of the set that was the set of the day for me had me going along outside the surfers when it steepened up critical and I could not cut out over the top and I was headed near some surfers. I laid it down into the wave face to avoid hitting anyone and did not. However, is was closer than I (or they, probably)ever wanted. I will avoid getting into that situation in the future.
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: 2020-03-28 NOT Windsurfing Pleasure Point Reply with quote

Tried to see if I could launch at Moran Lake to sail down to windsurf Pleasure Point. The Beach was closed. This time due to a shark attack. Closed until 4/1/2020. Checked Pleasure Point directly. It was also closed because of the shark attack. Capitola Beach, ditto.

Two teens were out on a SUP by the kelp off of Pleasure Point when a shark attacked their SUP according to KSBW Chanel 8. This was yesterday after I had left.

A lot of things closing beaches of late.
ctuna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Santa Cruz KSBW announced Reply with quote

Santa Cruz KSBW announced
All state parks and most parking lots closed down along
West Cliff and East Cliff closed down.
They have been showing picture of the shark bitten
SUP looks like is was a distance board with pointy
nose.

https://www.ksbw.com/article/parking-lots-closed-along-west-cliff-to-prevent-spread-of-covid-19/31966611#
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction. The teens, one girl, one boy, were out on prone paddling boards. Or at least the board that was bitten was a prone paddling board.

https://www.ksbw.com/article/shark-attack-off-the-coast-of-santa-cruz-leaves-teen-uninjured-teeth-marks-in-paddle-board/31967781

So it was not a SUP as I had stated in a previous post.
bert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: having fun not allowed Reply with quote

I had planned to practice with the wing and skateboard on a large, almost empty parking lot by the Shoreline Amphitheater entrance. Security drove up to me to tell me that I could not use my landsailor but allowed me to play with the wing. Sigh.., I guess I might look like I'm having too much fun if I used the skateboard.

shoreline lot.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  878.85 KB
 Viewed:  9888 Time(s)

shoreline lot.jpg

ctuna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the logic behind that.
Do you have knee shin and elbow guards for that
landsailer . I had one but gave up on it because I
had a hard time finding a place to use it.
Saw Andre getting ready to walk it in to Natural Bridges
today.

Last edited by ctuna on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 287 of 329

Jump to: