myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geohaye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Where We Sailed Today Reply with quote

As ctuna and bipbip pointed out, time for a new Where We Sailed Today thread. The old one was getting so large that it actually went crazy. (Pages 426 and 427 of the old thread are bogus and probably the result of some kind of rounding error.)

Here's the link to the 2008 - mid-2013 thread:
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Part I
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14780

The last session reports on the old thread are included here as an attachment.

Old Thread-Last Session Reports.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  344.38 KB
 Viewed:  281784 Time(s)

Old Thread-Last Session Reports.png

Last edited by geohaye on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave the old one up for awhile. Be fun to explore the novela.
geohaye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely. It is awesome, will never be deleted, and will be kept as a Sticky for a long time.
bgreene

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Windy San Leandro Reply with quote

San Leandro for the first time this year. Very windy. Very crowded, I think at least 3 other sailors had been out throughout the day. 4.7 then 4.5 then could have done 4.0 but didn't. Tricky launching and returning when it's that windy.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Crissy June 17, 18, 19 and 20 Reply with quote

Finally a decent Crissy week. 5.0 + 4.3 + 4.3 (a bit too little). Quick days 2:30 to 4:30 with the flood creeping. Tomorrow I bet 5.0 with the flood coming in at 5:0-5:30. Should be good

Saw a kiter swinging his kite on the beach back and forth, kind of out of control and touching the ground .. maybe he was sweeping. Good thing there were no beach goers in his path, a small line of tourists smartly tried to pass well around him or waited until the show was done ... must admit kiters are a never ending source of entertainment Shocked

Last edited by dvCali on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Those wanting to try the ocean could look far and wide for a better entry point and find that this is just one of the best!

We have had a lot of sailors this year as the wind has been fabulous and it is attracting sailors like bees to nectar.

Come join the growing hive and have fun sailing turquoise water instead of brown.
ctuna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Wadell 4.7 a little bumpy on low tide Reply with quote

Wadell 4.7 a little bumpy on low tide.
Smoothing out some as the tide came in .
It looked like its beach was doable today .
rpaillon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Bullhead Flat Reply with quote

I went to Bullhead yesterday instead of Rod and Gun. I had to launch at the parking lot since there wasn't enough water at Grasso Point. It was a very steady 4.5 wind and the tide was up enough when I came back at 5:00 pm. It made me wish I had gone there the last three days instead of Rod. Too bad there won't be enough water there today until after 5:00 pm
victor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: bullhead Reply with quote

good to know.

i always thought r&g was sailable on a lower tide than bullhead. wind is better and earlier at bullhead.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit R&G on Thursday, late around 5. John was out on a 4.5, pretty powered, but the wind lulled some and we rigged 4.7's and 4.9's.
Nice sesh till 6:30, just 20% OP'd, maybe 30% underpowered, on a 80 liter wide board. Gusty/holey for sure, and a chess game for where the wind would be, but easy 4.7 and 80 liter board for me. Jumped till I got stomach cramps (abs), had to stand in the middle of the bay for 2 minutes to recover.
Yogi on his 9 meter kite, Boggy on 5.3, and one other guy going out at 7 on a 5.3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 1 of 329

Jump to: