myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: 03-21-2015 Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Had a good, first for me this Spring, planing session at Natural Bridges late in the afternoon. Wind light near shore, but blowing twenty mph outside the kelp. Nice little 2 to 3 foot swell running. Naish Titan 138 and Ezzy Cheetah 7.5. Big for the outsides, ok for the inside. Made it all work to my advantage.
bprice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: A.L today Reply with quote

Today 4.7 heaven. Nice waves but a little gusty on the inside. Sailed last week too, but what was different today from any other day in the last 6+ months, cold water upwelling has finally arrived!
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: March 23 & 25 Reply with quote

March 23: just back from Europe afternoon sailing-in-a-daze at the Stick. Carbon Art 98 + 6.6 sail. Powered up but wind is really not that great. Many sailors out.

March 25, still Stick not trusting the late wind. Great conditions actually. By 4 pm the wind is solidly in the 4.7-5.0. I am out with a 6.0 GPS and Carbon Art while the free-stylers do things that seem not really physically possible.

Weak in the forecast day today but then we should have a big run of wind for a week! The season is here! Very Happy

PS hei! the euro is almost at parity! An AL360 Carbon boom is now almost affordable!!!!!

Last edited by dvCali on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:00 am; edited 3 times in total
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: A.L today Reply with quote

bprice wrote:
Today 4.7 heaven. Nice waves but a little gusty on the inside. Sailed last week too, but what was different today from any other day in the last 6+ months, cold water upwelling has finally arrived!

Great news about the cold water, as soon as my van is back on the road (electrical issues), I'll sea ya.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ave - Wednesday Reply with quote

3rd Ave on Wednesday was good late and through sunset. Hit the water after work approximately 5:30 pm. Wind good enough for 5.0m sail despite flood current. No trouble staying upwind on inside or in the channel even though using only a 20cm freestyle fin. Nice flood waves in middle inside to edge of channel. Mostly flatish in channel with occasional low swell. Channel improved later with more frequent low-angle swell. Overall relatively good organization to the water, not the chaotic chop that often can consume 3rd when wind direction is fluky. Wind was not the very best quality but was still very good with low-20s average. Conditions were warm and pleasant even during the post-sunset derig. Fog was in the gap, so was a summer-like setup. There were only a few windsurfers on hand to enjoy the best conditions so far this week at 3rd .
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Coyote March 27 Stick 29 Crissy 30-31 Reply with quote

Great opening day (for me) at Coyote. Quite a lot of windsurfers out. Light 5.0 on the inside it lit up at the outside markers. Nice swell with some "big" breaking wave trains. Very westerly and with the flood I turn back toward the beach just when the wind drops. Mistake, I should have gained another 200 yards upwind before doing so and for a little while I wonder if I am going to hit the harbor Shocked Then wind is back with a vengeance and it is still a solid 5.0 inside when i leave at 6. Lesson (re)learned: always gain ground upwind more than you think you will need!

Day after at Stick, with 6.0 powered up but wind is not that great. Solid number of people out (it is Sunday)

Monday great day at Crissy: 4.3 and Acid 74! Wind is a bit up and down, and the day is kind of grey, but there are a bunch of what passes for rollers at Crissy and it is: FUN! Around 4:30 the wind drops a bit and I grab the 85L. Stop at 5, and wind has dropped a lot by 5:30. Tomorrow should be as good if not better.

Tuesday 31 was supposed to be a big day. That it probably was with the exception of ... Crissy. While Coyote registers 24 on the beach and 29 outside Crissy drops and drops and drops until is 6.0 conditions. Oh well ... still got a good hour with just powered 4.3 Shocked

Last edited by dvCali on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Arroyo yesterday, 5.7 x 85 Lts. w/ solid DOH sets out of the south and west. Scary good.
bprice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windy Arroyo today, again with decent wave size, and some carnage... saw broken skinnys, broken boom, hole in sail... and I left early!
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stayed until 4:00, 4.2 all the way from 1:00, very comfortable, I appreciated the swell being a bit smaller, my after session beer wasn't shaking in my hand like it was yesterday.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Coyote March 27 Stick 29 Crissy 30-31 Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
Great opening day (for me) at Coyote. Quite a lot of windsurfers out. Light 5.0 on the inside it lit up at the outside markers. Nice swell with some "big" breaking wave trains. Very westerly and with the flood I turn back toward the beach just when the wind drops. Mistake, I should have gained another 200 yards upwind before doing so and for a little while I wonder if I am going to hit the harbor Shocked Then wind is back with a vengeance and it is still a solid 5.0 inside when i leave at 6. Lesson (re)learned: always gain ground upwind more than you think you will need!

Day after at Stick, with 6.0 powered up but wind is not that great. Solid number of people out (it is Sunday)

Monday great day at Crissy: 4.3 and Acid 74! Wind is a bit up and down, and the day is kind of grey, but there are a bunch of what passes for rollers at Crissy and it is: FUN! Around 4:30 the wind drops a bit and I grab the 85L. Stop at 5, and wind has dropped a lot by 5:30. Tomorrow should be as good if not better.

Tuesday 31 was supposed to be a big day. That it probably was with the exception of ... Crissy. While Coyote registers 24 on the beach and 29 outside Crissy drops and drops and drops until is 6.0 conditions. Oh well ... still got a good hour with just powered 4.3 Shocked

On big days when there is a lot of North in the wind, Crissy is unreliable. 3rd and Tomales are where you need to be .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 80 of 329

Jump to: