myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: 3rd Avenue Reply with quote

Despite the unfavorable conditions at 1 pm(flood with light offshore winds), the whitecaps on the outside tempted me to go out anyway. Had to use the 110L/5.0 to make it to the wind where it was a bit like Mr. Toads Wild Ride. The big wide board bucked and rocked out in the channel where it was blowing 20 to 25. I was sailing almost parallel to the shore. When the wind straightened out I changed to the 90L wave/freestyle and stayed out for another hour. Came in when the wind dropped a bit at 3. The usual crowd was gathering waiting for the ebb and better wind. I left tired but happy because I got mine.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: 3rd Ave - after 5pm Reply with quote

Well I was on the late shift at 3rd Ave yesterday. Arrived a little after five to the old lower launch, a friend was rigging up and then powered away from shore on a 4.5 / 78, so good to inside. I rigged 4.7 but then wind looked all light and flukey on inside. As I slogged out 4.5 was already slogging back in! I caught a few westerly puffs and made it to channel. Best wind was past sensor on far side of channel, also nice rollers pulling through out there. Only me and couple buddies out there. Main launch crew had gone in. Fun ebb sailing sesh and we got lucky later catching some puffs to plane most of way back in. Good times!
bert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Da Stick Reply with quote

Had a couple of tough choices to make this Good Friday. Should I have a dog or combo pizza at the South City Costco and should I sail at Oysters or the Stick? Decided on the dog and went to the Stick for a good 2 hr 4.7/80L session just past noontime. The water at Candlestick had a nice wind sheen throughout the cove so it wasn't holey like it usually is. Seems that I got the best of the day because the wind began to drop around 3. A couple of freestylers were going out just as I was leaving.
ctuna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Yep it got holy after 3 and sw at the stick Reply with quote

Yep it got holy after 3 and sw at the stick.
Dropped to nothing about 4:30
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Yep it got holy after 3 and sw at the stick Reply with quote

ctuna wrote:
Yep it got holy after 3 and sw at the stick.
Dropped to nothing about 4:30

Strange day, Coyote was only wind way (I mean: waaaaay) outside, Stick did what was mentioned above, and Crissy was still going at 5:30 ... might be that time of the season to go Crissy Shocked
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley Saturday. Three woofs. Woof Woof Woof. Also, minus tide teamwork at Isabel this morning improving our meager launch. Dogshit! Broken glass! Stay away!
bert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Embassy! Reply with quote

Got in the water at Embassy Suites right at noontime. 4.2/80L was the call and the sailing above the airport was far out man(late 60's lingo). Wind was between 25 to 30 with good chop and I was getting some good port jumps. My 80L Realwind stiletto board was perfect.., very responsive to touch and did everything I wanted it to do..why aren't women more like that??..just a thought . Some of the Palo Alto mud dogs joined in on the fun at 1 pm.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley Tuesday...2 1/2 woofs! Powerful winds and...um...blocky? water. High speed reaches with no margin for error. Vrooooom!
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: 2014-04-22 at Sherman Island Reply with quote

After an amazing Dawn Patrol, Sherman Island delivered a nice. windy ebb tide day of sailing. Delta Dog J T got some afternoon air time.

2014-04-22 john jumping at Sherman.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  333.3 KB
 Viewed:  8531 Time(s)

2014-04-22 john jumping at Sherman.jpg

dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Crissy Apr 21-24 Reply with quote

Crissy Week? If I don't get sick of it?

Mon Apr 21: late session with 6.0 + 100L

Tue Apr 22: 4.3! with RRD 85, and my modified RRD 75L 2006 with shortened nose (works great!). Very nice day with lots of chop but big swell under it. Wind drops at 4:45.

Wed Ap3 23: 5.0 very nice, just powered up but the wind drops at 4:15 and is yet another short day. Might have come up later.

Today ... who knows .. VERY foggy this morning and 30% rain in the forecast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 38 of 329

Jump to: