myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Was there a sunday outing anywhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulf.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Was there a sunday outing anywhere? Reply with quote

just too much driving for this time of year, so need the vicarious fix.
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waterloo IA: On Saturday I was land sailing a parking lot with a heavy Mongoose mountain board and feathering a 4.7 wave sail in 20 mph NW winds gusting to 30 with the temperature in the high 40s. The high before I started was 50 degrees F at 2:00 pm. In 12 hours the temperature DROPPED to a minus 2 degrees F by 2:00 am Sunday. For Sunday afternoon I switched to ice sailing a modified tobaggan with an 8.5 in 10-14 mph WNW winds about 6 miles away at George Wyth State Park on about 1/2 inch of re-frozen ice over about 6-8 inches of black ice.

This afternoon when I finish typing this I'll be ice sailing with NW winds around 14-18 mph with the temperature around 5 degrees F.
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I'm sorry to say you missed it big time.

Tribal members hit it up and down the coast.

For me, it was a classic WSW Kalmus day; spent mainly in what I call the "play pen"

I used my crazy snow board mitt shells over open palm gloves. The forearm pump only started to set around the 2 hour mark. I don't recommend them for any type of real swimming, but there were fine for the low tide conditions.

Flat out great sailing, regardless of the time of year, and topped off with a great group of like-minded nut jobs. Correction, there were no nut jobs; everyone knew what they were doing.

RC
WaterKook

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

top two sessions I have had all year!!!! well I have only had three but still.

And another self serving shot from SUNday Very Happy
4.7m on 83L my favorite combo, waves over head in some sets.

Clew_first_wave_ride.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  197.37 KB
 Viewed:  6257 Time(s)

Clew_first_wave_ride.jpg

Last edited by WaterKook on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

posted this on my FB yesterday:

these past 4 days have been great for windsurfing. wind has been fairly good, waves pretty good, and it's been great to have the time to enjoy this weather cycle. days are getting longer, and the weather guessers can only guess, so stay alert to the sensor arrays. mesonet is back online.

thursday: flat water blasting, late after a long trip south. 5.2 sail, and smallest board

friday: jetty park CC, wind 12-36. 15 to 30 degrees side onshore, smallish waves, but fun. 5.2 sail 105 liter wave board.

sat. jetty park, wind 8-22. 30 degrees and more side onshore, slightly bigger waves. 6.2 sail (should of done larger) 115 liter wave board.

sunday surprise. cherie down, wind 8-20. 20 degrees side on then 30 degrees side offshore. head high shoulders and 2 foot overhead occasional peaks. 7.5 sail and my windSUP 11'8" board. had some of the best rides i've had in months! yes, same old saw. long boards RULE! some of the rides i had were 1/4 mile or more. it paid off to pay attention and persist. it's paid off huge getting these long boards over the years. skunk proof, and surprises around every turn in the road....

sorry, no pics. i sail solo so often in conditions that may start out a bit hinky, but then turn on. slightly bigger and way more lit than on 11/24/12 http://schmidtphotography.smugmug.com/Other/Windsurfer-11-24-12-Canaveral/26737776_GxMJvc#!i=2237706888&k=hMCrTdW

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: