myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gloves/Mittens/Wetsuits/Drysuits for winter sailing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting report by scooper about kiting yesterday:
waterloggedbyscooper.blogspot.com/2013/02/life-after-nemo.html
Yes, it's about kiting, which is why Steve could use 6 mm mitts. But I think at least Igor still windsurfs on a regular basis, too. He was fine in 2 mm gloves when temps were in the 20s.
rich1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Spokes gloves which are pretty much the same as the sealskinz, and wore them out cycling. I replaced them with these, expecting them to be warmer, http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/MensClothing/WatersportsClothing/HandwearHeadwear/PRD~5023-626/mec-humboldt-sq-3mm-gloves-unisex.jsp

Unfortunately I can't endorse them for windsurfing, I just find it too hard to hang on (and yes I'm an efficient sailor who uses as little grip strength as required)

The problem is not when you're in the harness it's when you're out, and you just have to squeeze too hard to hang on, and then the fingers get cold.
ISmith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anders Björkqvist Swedens 2012 champion speed windsurfer -

http://www.andersbq.com/2013/02/the-final-solutions-for-cold-hands.html

”I believe all winter surfers (also kite) will buy this or a similar suit within a few years”

AndersMix2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.47 KB
 Viewed:  12687 Time(s)

AndersMix2.jpg

allard01

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Gloves/Mittens/Wetsuits/Drysuits for winter sailing Reply with quote

It is good news for all those are going buy winter accessories like gloves, mittens, wetsuits, drysuits etc. I checked your given links and it has nice collection.

this great website Eight K
motto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: open palm or dakine mits Reply with quote

Open palm work well without making it more difficult to grip the boom. Pryde makes good ones. Dakine makes a great mit that are almost as good in terms of grip, and much better for warmth. The palm material isn't meant for insulation, but just keep the water and wind out. The rest of the mit is made of 2-3mm neoprene. These work great once you're all rigged up. The open palms are great for making adjustments to things like harness lines… once you've got things set, the Dakines will keep your hands warmer. It's not too difficult to make adjustments with the dakine mitts, it just takes a bit more practice. get a pair or each as even the best made mit can't last forever - two pairs will last twice as long and give you more options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: