myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thank you Wisconsin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
and how miserable the GOP candidates were?

are?

mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given your collective assessment of how poor the Republican candidates have been and are, it's a little difficult to understand how Democrats have lost every single important election since Barack Obama became President.....three and a half years, every single noteworthy election. Hillary should have run against the President. She would probably have beaten him and Romney.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fooling. At least Hillary would give this economy a fighting chance. Her Hubby seems to be undermining Obama as an amature at every chance he gets.

C'mon lefty's, admit that Obama is an abject failure...
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Americans want a change for the better and instead things are getting worse.
The voters are throwing out folks for little reason. Bushs bad governing brought us Obama, and the Dems taking Congress.Lack of change brought us the Teas whose legislative record is not so impressive despite the good intentions of each of these agents of change.
Good government is not easy. Behind much of the bad government is the lobbyist branch of government which does not get elected or change with the Party in power.

If you want better government fire all those guys as a warning to their replacements.They are far more powerful than the President.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
pueno wrote:
and how miserable the GOP candidates were?

are?

Yes, of course, absolutely, even more clownish than four years ago (they were merely scary pathetic then).

But the point was a comparison of campaign financing in 2008 and the suggestion that that was the cause of Obama's victory.

It was, in part, but to a much larger degree because Palin was (still is) such a fringe flaky fruitcake and because the world was delighted to see Bush/Cheney no longer pulling their shit. Hell, even Bush was sick of Cheney.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
No fooling. At least Hillary would give this economy a fighting chance. Her Hubby seems to be undermining Obama as an amature at every chance he gets.

C'mon lefty's, admit that Obama is an abject failure...

Hillary would have been a great president, just like her hubby.....damn I miss Slick Willy.
Mr G ...I dont much about politics but I do know that Mitt aint winnin in November if he doesnt win your state.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/virginia-politics/post/obama-leads-romney-in-new-virginia-poll/2012/06/07/gJQAq5aiKV_blog.html
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from the Washington Post poll:
Quote:
The Quinnipiac poll was conducted by live interviewers with 1,282 registered voters between May 30 and June 4, on land lines and cell phones. The poll’s margin of error is plus or minus 2.7 percentage points.

As in most polls, they don't tell you how they were taken, but in this one, they did. I don't put much faith in polls because I think many are biased and rigged, but maybe that's just my skepticism.

While the Quinnipiac poll gives SOME information about how it was taken, I can't help but wonder if the "1282 registered voters" were evenly divided between democrats and republicans or if there were any independents, and if party affiliation was even a consideration. This may be a legitimate poll, but unless there is full disclosure, I can't put much faith into any results. How hard would it be to include all the specifics about the polling process?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just a poll, and it is June, so anything can happen. BUT, the Republicans have nominated a Private Equity titan to run for president in a time where many are quite salty when it comes to Wall Street....that will be tough to overcome when attempting to unseat the incumbent. Mr Romney will have to make a decision at some point whether he will endorse the aggressive cuts of Paul Ryan or Mr. Walker.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "aggressive cuts" Ryan is proposing, are merely a reduction in the rate of increase.........not the gutting of social programs that many call them. Walker's program seems to be working. He has cut spending, slashed the deficit, lowered property taxes.........and all this occurred with none of the dire consequences predicted by the unions and others. He seems to be on the right track. Others will attempt to emulate him.

With regard to VA in November........not sure how that will go. My wife, my daughter, most of my neighbors voted for the President last time. About 18 months ago, I asked my neighbors how they thought he was doing. They said they thought he was doing OK and was certainly better than Sarah Palin (!). However, with no sign of any improvement, with no serious plans for reducing the debt or deficit, I suspect that many will wonder whether anything will change if we give him 4 more years. Also, Mitt Romney is a serious alternative. If the election were held today, I think VA would go for Romney........but 5 months is a long time. We'll see.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every poll I read on RCP suggests otherwise, but glad to see you're optimistic about Mr Romney.
And the money is following your optimism, wow.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/obama_campaign_democrats_raise_in_iGh0Zs3xNqBXHTonRor7OP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: