myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Fickster (Isobars in action) vid!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rigitrite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkiggins with the kill shot! ........and.....yes, ladies and gentlemen, I believe that's all she wrote!

Thanks bkiggins, posting of the Butthurt form was filled with yummy win.
I can see that form being made good use of in the future.

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said ... part of the problem.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope that isobars spends some time rethinking what Marty said. When a friend is being honest and candid with you, there is good reason to be introspective. isobars could turn things around over time if he wants to, but that can only be done if he faces himself honestly and sees the way to the light. Kind of like Ebenezer Scrooge did in 'A Christmas Carol'.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I would hope that isobars spends some time rethinking what Marty said. When a friend is being honest and candid with you, there is good reason to be introspective ... the way to the light

What kind of friend falsely calls you a liar, lies about what you've said, and badmouths other sailing buds behind their back on the beach? One leads by good example, persuasion, and honesty, not by bad example, force, hypocrisy, and false ad hominem. Anyone who considers the latter "the light" and lives his life that way, like Chandler so consistently demonstrates in this forum, is not anyone I want to emulate.

I hoped you might offer a pearl of wisdom -- you are capable of them -- but I should have known better.
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Dude, Bro, Man, when Iso needs a joint!

Chillax, Iso! You're right as usual, its everyone else, and I do mean EVERYONE, that has it all wrong!

Honing in on 9,000 Forum posts! Gotta be a record!
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been said, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".

As I see it, isobars has until the start of the sailing season to look into himself and turn a new leaf. After that, there will be that day at the beach when Marty shows up and looks isobars in the eye, to include all of isobars' other "sailing buds". That, in a way, will be a day of reckoning. At that point, it likely that isobars will recognize what's been lost.

Eat a little crow, and apologize to Marty. That should be sooner rather than later.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The joy of contriubuting to the forum has gone. When a single individual continually rants against 90% of the members on any/every topic, a reasonable person must conclude that it is he who is in the wrong.

Anyway, for what it's worth, we are in an Arctic spell at present, wit heavy snow, and perhaps the mood of the forum is carrying over into the 'joys' of being in the sea. (Or, there again, perhaps it's just some of us old soldiers are getting weary, and crying enough is enough!)

It's not the cold once in the water since that was cracked years ago with special extra thic wet suit gear, (including double feet layers and full gloves) but the agony of driving into a freezing snow covered exposed car park, and having to hop out of the car, strip off, and struggle into all the gear.

Once in the water (after the first surf bash in the face, and the inevitable shock and gasp for breath) I can honestly claim that the whole session will comfortable, with body at normal working temperature.... until having to strip and change in that bloody car park again!! Rolling Eyes

But is it really worth it? I've surfed, and later windsurfed through every full Winter since 1973 (used to be Summers only in the 60's... wet suits were home made torture) and really used to love it. The feeling of being 'one of a breed' while ripping in the surf with frozen watchers shivering on the pier, and oohing and aahing, made it seem special. And why not? Ego tripping perhaps, but it meant something to us.

But somewhere along the line theses last few Winters, the joy has gone. Now, it's just going through the motions because it's what I've always done.

So, I've got rid of the 73 litre waveboard (but I'll keep the Evo) and simplified which others I want to keep using. A large part of this Summer will be 'back to roots', first love, long board cruising and exploring, and for the rest, mellow B&J and surfing on mid range floaty boards.

Gales? Pah!!! Good riddance to them. I've had enough! Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
The joy of contriubuting to the forum has gone. When a single individual continually rants against 90% of the members on any/every topic, a reasonable person must conclude that it is he who is in the wrong.

Yeah ... right.
What's the ratio of liberals to conservatives here?
More telling are the archives.

Last edited by isobars on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote

Quote:
Yeah ... right.
What's the ratio of liberals to conservatives here?

similar to fff vs bff Very Happy

Seriously...who cares what a video captured...edit enough and you can make even the best of us look like clumsy newbies. Now, let's go kite err windsurf...
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just mad because we made fun of his $75 sandwich.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: