myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurf-SUP crossovers - any reviews?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtm81

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure it is a dumb question but heck, I have thick skin ... Rolling Eyes

If I were to take my 7 years old daughter to Cowells beach in SC and put her on a 125l freeride board, would she be able to learn how to surf (by standing up) as a beginner?

Thx,
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, if you don't use a sail and take off the foot straps.
But seriously, yes, my daughter learned in a very similar way. You just walk them out, on the board, turn them around, and shove her right in the wave yelling "stand up, soul surfer!".
capetonian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Review of RRD Wassup 8’5 Reply with quote

Review of RRD Wassup 8’5

I’ve had this board for about 2 years now. I mostly use the board for SUP surfing, and the more time I spend on it learning to surf the better it feels. Now that I’ve learnt to bend my knees and pump the board for speed it gets impressive speed down the line and gets around sections that previously I wasn’t able to.

Sailing

I’ve only sailed this board a few times, and every time I sail it I wonder why I don’t sail it more often. In light slogging winds the board pumps easily onto a wave and provided I enter the bottom turn with my feet positioned correctly I can bottom turn as hard as I can on my 105 L Exocet Exo-wave. Full carving top turns are so much fun. On pealing waves I’ve had the pleasure of 6 or 7 bottom turn top turn combinations, staying just ahead of the pocket the whole time.

When the wind picks up enough to plane the board is as fast as or faster than the kites. Planing jibes are a breeze, and most jibes I am able to exit still planing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: