myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Columbia Average Water Temperature Bottoms
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've sailed every day so far (6 days) but on BIG sails. Well one day it was a small sail, but a big board to do low wind stuff. It's been fun, but boy flipping 7.7 sails is a lot of work in marginal wind (not to mention gybing a board as wide as a house).....
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeD here...
Surf on North side of the Island?
And back to SFBay, by far the worst season ever for storm winds, and no clearing winds penetrate into the bay yet. See what you didn't miss?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andymc4610 wrote:
my first month long trip to baja was way more drinking than sailing. My next baja month trip I was more prepared 105L board and a 6.0....still seemingly ended up with more scuba dives and nights in cabo at the bars. After two more baja trips I stick to maui as a destination WS trip.

I've read 12-15 magazine reports on Baja's milder side over the last 20 years. I've grilled well over 50 people just back from Baja about it. Many buds spend weeks to months there each winter. The consensus overwhelmingly -- almost universally -- supports your experiences, and when I ask one regular what he and his non-sailor wife DO all day even on the windy days (i.e., the ones with 3 hours of sailable wind), they say, "We visit."

I just smile, say something like "That's great you enjoy it so much", shake my head in my mind (shake my mind?), and chalk up another "No way" vote on my tally. Yours is another mark in the "No way" column.

JohnL, OTOH, just retired, so long trips are probably a newer experience for him. He'll either get lucky, or will get it out of his system. Let's hope it's the former.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: