myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
powerex bought out -no warrenty?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slambo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: powerex bought out -no warrenty? Reply with quote

Hi, just bought an rdm pw mast but heard they were bought out by neilpryde- anyone know if there is any warrenty on purchased PW mast? Sorry if this is old news.
thombiz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the MacLean Quality Composites website and the Composite Tubing Business Division of which Powerex was one of their brands was acquired by Rock West Composites. Not sure who they are. See here: http://www.macqc.com/

You can find out more about Rock West Compsites here: http://www.rockwestcomposites.com/index.php?p_resource=about

They announce with pride that all their manufacturing takes place on US soil plus several of the key people have listed MacLean Quality Composites as a company where they have been employed in the past. Perhaps, Rock West may bring Powerex manufacturing back to West Jordan, Utah.

Rock West have every appearance of being passionate about their craft.
slambo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed w/ rockwest that the mast building equipment was sold to NP. They do not know if any current pw mast will be extended warrenty by NP. I have several pw masts and never needed warrenty- not that worried. I got my latest mast on ebay for a steal c/w retail pricing- $289+sh for a brand new 460 rdm 100%. Wonder if seller was dumping inventory for MC. There were about 6 or 7 sold at aro $300.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: