myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Matt Pritchard @ Crissy & Coyote - September 14th-20th
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devengadula

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Matt Pritchard @ Crissy & Coyote - September 14th-20th Reply with quote

Matt Pritchard will be flooding into the Bay for a couple days…… Look for him to be freeriding anytime/anywhere starting on the 14th of Septmeber till the 20th! Wherever the conditions are best between Crissy and Coyote ! Come sail with Matt. We will look at i-windsurf wind prognosis, the cameras at Crissy and by 2pm each day we will have our destination figured out. If it is really windy it might be fun to sail from Crissy to TI or from Coyote to 3rd and back, but it is getting late in the season for such optimism.
We will almost surely end up at Crissy on Wednesday, but every other day we will post our location here aroung 2pm.
Hope to see you next week…
Deven.
gerritt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely positively do not rule out the coastal destinations from Point Reyes on down to Santa Cruz. Fall often yields the best conditions for wave sailing in these areas. Some luck and timing will obviously be necessary.
poussin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's fog on the coast, head to Sherman Island!
devengadula

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i don't know why we did not think about Wadell. I have never been there and i've wanted to go for a long time. Please let us know when you know the best day to go there. And yes, if worst comes to worst we will go to the Delta, but i hope we don't get such heavy fog layers anymore this season... Matt used to spend weeks at the delta in his early teens...
gerritt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worse comes to worse - go to the Delta. Ha!

Best days to go to the coast are mid-week IMHO. Less hassle for the drive. Predictors are all on this site.

I know Matt knows about Waddell. Remind him to also check out the spots further south. Waddell is a good high tide spot and the spot that cannot be named is a good low tide spot. I generally take a look at the most popular three spots and then make the call based on a visual for what is working best. The spot that cannot be named can work in extremely lite winds as there are channels to get around the sets. Whereas Waddell requires you to punch out through white water to get outside. Thus, you need some power in your sail. The other spot can still be plenty fun even when you cannot plane because you can still get into and ride the set waves. Its the only spot I've slogged around for three hours and still left completely satisfied and happy I was there.
devengadula

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like it would be great to have you there with us, Gerrit. We could plan on going there on Thursday, if it is good. Yes, Matt was sailing there 2 years ago while he was here.
SWE106

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerritt wrote:
... and the spot that cannot be named is a good low tide spot....The spot that cannot be named....

LOL, I hear you dude, so let me name it for you: davenport, dport, davy, D, etc, etc. Ooooops... there I said it... stone me.... hahaha... it's so secret it's not a secret anymore...

Don't forget hard (aka manly!) breaking shotguns on a good south swell (there's one coming later next week!) and the 4th spot: BC
vtm81

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Sunday afternoon Reply with quote

Where will Matt be sailing tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon?

Thanks beforehand,

Peter
devengadula

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt is down in Santa Barbara this weekend and is flying in on Tuesday. Depending on how Crissy ends up looking (yesterday North Tower was spectacular before and right after the most amazing fog killed it early) we will go there or to Coyote, if Crissy is fogged in. Wednesday it will be Crissy for sure because we are busy till 3pm in the proximity. We will most likely have a professional photographer by NT in Sausalito, with a good tele lens, so might get some nice photos done there. We will repeat this situation at Crissy on the weekend. On Thursday if these places look good we will go to the coast, to Waddell or Davenport, or both. With the exception of Wednesday we will post Matt's location here between 2pm and 2.30. It really feels to me like we should have good wind next week. Our season seems to be delayed and I truly hope it lasts a while. And by the way, Matt is busy with other things as well, and that is why afternoons work best. We might go to Rio Vista some morning, if it is really good over the weekend.
cachaocachao

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Matt Pritchard will be flooding into the Bay... Reply with quote

speaking of flooding, TI would be flooding for the most part during his visit, maybe except his last 2 days. I am betting that he has not frequented TI magic. But flooding at TI usually sucks near shore (re: slop chops), but is somewhat nice far out, with decent to strong wind and smoother water (a general pattern of TI ... sloppy choppy outside and smoother swell near shore during ebb, and vice versa during flood). Although not impossible to predict conditions, too bad sensor is out for rest of season.

hoping to sail with Matt and u peeps. TI was HUGE wind yesterday...small guy O freaking P'ed on 4.2 80L freestyle (smallest sail brought, one and board I have)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: