myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Well what happened?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Well what happened? Reply with quote

How come I've got to start it off around here.

You can't tell me that at least bloke from this gawd forsaken site didn't get in some sailing yesterday.

WTF, while everywhere off cape was under a so-called tornado watch the cape, outer at least, had 4.0 conditions all afternoon.

As for me, a no go with other stuff - it may have been my son's first and last season wrap up soccer party. I give him a ton of credit for signing up and sticking with it. The guy who threw the party is one of us, he had a stack of glass boards, historical sh!t like me, also including one from the original Island Windsurfing.

No word from Speedy, OUTC, JE, Bruce/Gerda, even Josh or John Ingb, etc. If it gets any worse, I may have to go out and buy a effing SUP board.

Sincerely, RC
paulf.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

long backside wave rides on the sandbar at WDB at low tide, more of a rodeo as the tide came in, water all silver sailing west, almost got caught behind the rockpile, best day in a while.
p.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK OK OK!!!!! Shocked
Full on lit to over powered 4.2m conditons!! Nantucket Sound for me. Very Happy
PK hit the ocean.
My wife does not like the ocean. (big Sharks) so it was FB for us.
Good crew and lots of ramps.
I started on a 4.7m and had to rig down to my brand new Panther 2 Laughing
Ron you should join us at FB. One of these SW days. Wink
....JE

Loop_that_4two.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.73 KB
 Viewed:  18370 Time(s)

Loop_that_4two.jpg

Down_haul_that_4two.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.17 KB

Down_haul_that_4two.jpg

Riggin_frenzy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.76 KB

Riggin_frenzy.jpg

Tail_walker.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.78 KB

Tail_walker.jpg

Paul_V.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.11 KB

Paul_V.jpg

jingebritsen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last wave sesh was week b4 last: 2 epic dayz in a row.

052610b.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.54 KB
 Viewed:  18313 Time(s)

052610b.jpg

052610.jpg
 Description:
the day prior was way cleaner and bigger.
 Filesize:  63.9 KB
 Viewed:  18314 Time(s)

052610.jpg

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
Gerda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Kalmus was good Reply with quote

Hello Ron,

Just signing in to report that Kalmus was excellent on Sunday. -- Warm, low tide, steady strong wind and a pretty good turnout of windsurfers.

In fact, wind was strong enough to get Gerda back on her short board for the first time this season. I was fully powered to slightly overpowered most of the session but was out of energy before the strongest winds kicked in.

A couple of days earlier we had a nice session sailing Kalmus in the fog.

Schedule some NE and we will join you at Pleasant Bay or come to Kalmus on SW.

Bruce and Gerda
outcast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I held down a beeper, and built an outdoor shower.
Had ocean Saturday at the bowl.....style pointing.

Don't worry Ron, I'ver missed some good ones lately too.....

ron.c

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noting that I'm honored with such thoughtful replies, I’ll skip the usual trash talk'n.

You should put that bearded guy in the rigging mug shot on the other end of the camera. That basstid didn't even have the decency to let me know he was back in town, let alone sailing the Chatham tribe. It's also good to see that other guy does more than sweeping.

That guy on the tail walk'n F2 looks like he's holding on to something bigger than a 4.0.

I like Paul’s description of all silver looking west. JE’s bottom picture is starting to capture that great sensation.

Sunday’s party scene started off at the local Council on Aging. I’m glad I went.

The second party was put on by a guy that I bet the Chathamites know, a Brit Builder from Brewster. His favorite tack is out to Monomoy and back. Does that ring a bell JE?

One thing to look forward to, this weekend’s tides – sunrise surf – afternoon sail – evening surf and then hospital or divorce court or both!

RC
speedysailor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wear your leadership stripes with pride, Ron!!!! I almost submitted a post on Monday morning but decided to go to a kiting site instead. Monday at Wacko was radical. I was the sole windsurfer in a sea of kiters. When I arrived at the beach around 1 or 2 p.m., it was calm. However, it picked up quickly. I went out with a 6.5, had some trouble with the gusts doing an upwind reach, but then put in a great blast back in the straps. Nevertheless, I decided to rig another sail with the winds progressively getting stronger. Eventually according to the charts, it hit 40 m.p.h. Since I hadn't expected such high winds, I had nothing smaller than a 5.6 Race sail which I never use. Nevertheless, when the wind was blowing with gusts to 30, I decided to rig it and see what would happen. I wasn't sure of the method to rig and took a long time getting it down. Meanwhile the winds continued to strengthen. By the time I was on the water, I was grossly overpowered. Not only that, with a 6 week hiatus, I am not in windsurfing shape. Consequently I had some difficulty keeping the sail up long enough to return to the launch. It's tough when you know you have the right equipment, but you left it at home. Nevertheless, I had a good workout, didn't damage either equipment or body and am ready for the next big blow. Knowing me to rig big, a few kiters joked about my predicament. After derigging the winds tempered a bit and the best sailing could have been had after 4 p.m. Steady winds at 25 m.p.h. or better and gusts to 30. Earlier the gusts had a range of about 10 m.p.h. which really will challenge even the best.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:
Wear your leadership stripes with pride, Ron!!!! I almost submitted a post on Monday morning but decided to go to a kiting site instead. Monday at Wacko was radical. I was the sole windsurfer in a sea of kiters. When I arrived at the beach around 1 or 2 p.m., it was calm. However, it picked up quickly. I went out with a 6.5, had some trouble with the gusts doing an upwind reach, but then put in a great blast back in the straps. Nevertheless, I decided to rig another sail with the winds progressively getting stronger. Eventually according to the charts, it hit 40 m.p.h. Since I hadn't expected such high winds, I had nothing smaller than a 5.6 Race sail which I never use. Nevertheless, when the wind was blowing with gusts to 30, I decided to rig it and see what would happen. I wasn't sure of the method to rig and took a long time getting it down. Meanwhile the winds continued to strengthen. By the time I was on the water, I was grossly overpowered. Not only that, with a 6 week hiatus, I am not in windsurfing shape. Consequently I had some difficulty keeping the sail up long enough to return to the launch. It's tough when you know you have the right equipment, but you left it at home. Nevertheless, I had a good workout, didn't damage either equipment or body and am ready for the next big blow. Knowing me to rig big, a few kiters joked about my predicament. After derigging the winds tempered a bit and the best sailing could have been had after 4 p.m. Steady winds at 25 m.p.h. or better and gusts to 30. Earlier the gusts had a range of about 10 m.p.h. which really will challenge even the best.

Hey, Speedy!

Glad to see you back. Did Sailingjoke give you permission to post, or are your aliases not speaking to each other this month?
outcast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAADIKKAL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: