myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
CRISSY FIELD SWAP MEET SATURDAY MAY 16TH 11:00 AM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlemmens

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Wyatt, look obviously there is gonna be 2008 stuff that has just gotten the snot kicked out of it, of course that's gonna be cheap. I'm just saying people going there should expect to pay more than they have been in the past for good gear. I also agree leave the 90's stuff in the waste bin or make a chair or table from it. Don't waste the parking spaces for the people selling stuff other people actually wanna buy.
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwe man, how come no one posts the swap meet at helm on the forum or the events. How are we supposed to find out about it??
2bluehawaiins

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Crissy swap Reply with quote

I'm up for the swap, Helm is a little far for some of us. Crissy is more centrally located.
As far as people selling there gear cheap, if they can afford to so be it! They are the people who buy the gear new from the shops and replace it more often. I have bought a lot of gear from people who got into Kiting and just want to get rid of the stuff. I wish they had swap meet way back when I first started in the early 80's or that I knew about.
There has always been more sellers than buyers, the last swap at Crissy I thought it was a waste of time trying to sell gear ,but ended up selling two boards. I made some money and the people got almost new condition boards to start the season off. I don't think the gear at swap meets in the Gorge are less expensive than ones in the bay area.
benpfree1

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's the verdict? Anyone going to be at Chrissy for a swap or are most going to Helm? I'd like to drive up from santa cruz to stop at one location for a swap- but probably not two.
thanks
Ben
mountainbear

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crissy then, 11 am?
PAmuddog

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a scenario for a awesome windsurf Saturday if you're from the South Bay and have a hard time getting to Crissy:

1. Hit the Helm swap at 9:30 to get the best stuff you need while selling the gear you've outgrown.

2. Ditto Crissy at 11, maybe later as the caravan of Helm sellers and buyers moves north to add to the sellers and buyers from the north and east.

3. During your long lunch marvel at the deals you got over a cervesa (or two......) with your new friends of buyers and sellers.

4. Enjoy sailing with your new friends and gear at one of the premier windsurf sites.

Sounds like a great time. I think I just convinced myself to go!

chibichibi

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crissy, 11am.

I'll be there with all my out of rotation crap:

2006 naish titan 111 (used 1 season)
KA Kaos 5.0 (almost new)
Hot Sails Maiu 7.0 (new)
KA 7.0
430 RDM (used once)
big ol' planing fins
and more...

you'll need some big sails for this weekend and/or berkeley sailing. Rolling Eyes
faradroka1

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just checked the exploratorium webcam, didn't see many people with gear. Pretty crowded though. now if we could get a helm cam I wouldn't have to leave my couch.
mountainbear

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After hanging out Crissy for about an hour the first people (besides me), finaly showed up for the meet. What a disapointment! Mr. Miller, after all of the posts...(bla,bla, bla) Where were you???? Evil or Very Mad I was looking forward to meet you and buy some footstraps from you ( I was told they can improve my freestyle sailing dramaticaly).
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was all loaded up and ready to go. Hopped in the van and clink clink. Starter is gone. By the time my girlfriend could be conned into driving me over there it was hours too late. Lame. Instead I spent most of the day crawling under my normally trusty van. at 150,000 miles and one too many baja trips you would think everything would just functioin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: