myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
IWindsurf still having issues, How long will it last?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesusjones

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: IWindsurf still having issues, How long will it last? Reply with quote

Has this site been really screwy lately or is it just me? For me this is a big problem. I am big on time management, living somewhat far from the Gorge; we definitely want to know what’s going on out there before heading out. Waiting on I Windsurf is becoming a big hassle. Can’t get to the site, slow loading, no loading,…………SSSSLLLLOOOOOWWW, big waste of time here and it’s happening way too much. Other sites don’t do this. What’s the issues; probably from cutting corners to save money and therefore delivering a horrible service. Bring on the competition, any takers out there??? How about Reliable Windsurf Reports, any investors I’ll do it!!!!!

Last edited by jesusjones on Sun May 31, 2009 9:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the live feeds, man. Who knows how long it took iWindsurf to get those. Some of those 3rd world countries don't even get those weather buoy feeds themselves. I doubt you could start up a better site, unless they sell out.

Use the webcams, and then you don't need a human forecast. You can see the kites rigging in the am and the swell later.

The software/servers are very slow, I agree.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny all the people who will not show up the hatch until they see sailors out. I got a good solo morning session in, purposely stayed out of the view of the camera.
jesusjones

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetiaroaxx wrote:
It's all about the live feeds, man. Who knows how long it took iWindsurf to get those. Some of those 3rd world countries don't even get those weather buoy feeds themselves. I doubt you could start up a better site, unless they sell out.

Use the webcams, and then you don't need a human forecast. You can see the kites rigging in the am and the swell later.

The software/servers are very slow, I agree.

I know, it is a good site but sometimes it's like, come on man I got things to do. Good point though, the cams are a good way to see what’s up as well. I like it; it has been a habit of mine in the past, just kind of forgot about that? However, I do like to see the forecasts for the day and extended, that’s what I am paying for, not to sit around for 45 minutes waiting for information!
ldhr

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the site all day every day,,,,, and the response time is always good. The response time to load a page is almost always less than 3 seconds.
You should try all the usual web browser cleanup stuff. Delete your temp internet files. Delete history. etc. etc.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:
I use the site all day every day,,,,, and the response time is always good. The response time to load a page is almost always less than 3 seconds.
You should try all the usual web browser cleanup stuff. Delete your temp internet files. Delete history. etc. etc.

No, it ain't a browser/ history problem, it's the site. this thread is has been going for a month.
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17701
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17142
Gorgekiteboy

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Iwindsurf problems Reply with quote

I agree it is not us... it is IWindsurf. I have been noticing lots of slow page loads and outages over the past week or 2. It would be nice if IWindsurf would let us know what is going on.

K
jesusjones

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:

What’s your MO dude? I Wind employee or something? Trying to get a free year or something? No..all kidding aside, I aint no dummy. I clear my cache at least twice a day since all I do is use the internet. I run scans and eliminate spyware continuously, but thanks anyway!!!!
andymc4610

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From iwindsurf

david wrote:
Hi. We've been going through a rather painful emergency server upgrade this Spring to handle the extra traffic we're seeing this year on iWindsurf and iKitesurf (shouldn't traffic go DOWN in a recession?), as well as tracking down some tricky bugs and an incredibly frustrating memory leak.

Things have been sporadically spotty for the last few months and were especially rough last week (Friday was the worst). And for what it's worth, no one here has been getting any time on the water - nor very much sleep.

All of our diagnostics say things have been pretty darn fast since Saturday morning, when our shiny new load balancer was brought fully online. We have a few more upgrades in the works but things should be faster than ever in general. If you're still noticing slowness or other glitches, please send me a private message with the details so we can look into it.

Thanks for your patience!

masterblaster, when Wendy hangs up on you the call is not registered, so you don't pay for that (we do).

David
jesusjones

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah right........It's because someone doesn’t know what their doing and doesn’t want to pay for the right fix and/or person to do it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: