myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sebastian Inlet Sailing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoke wrote:
The topic, unless you have trouble with place names, remains Sebastian Inlet. I wasn't able to sail there this fall and wouldn't mind seeing more first hand reports regarding it.

Brucie --- yes, that's true. The topic is Sebastian Inlet.

Can you imagine the idiocy of some dimwitted fruitcake who posted this response? "Harvard Law isn't a traditional nuts-and-bolts type of law school. They basically produce politicians on the national level."

Let me ask you: Who was that moronic nitwit? What does Harvard Law have to do with "the topic"?

I'm with you on this, big guy. Time to tell off those imbeciles who can't stay on message.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, there are 6.999999999 billion people on this planet who have never heard of Sebastian Inlet. Surely, pueno, you wouldn't wish to deprive all those worthy folk from contributing to this epic thread, would you?? After all, there's a book in everybody, if only you would listen.

P.S. Forgot to add in the last outburst about other marine life.Once, when kayaking through a great 'herd' of frollicking porpoises, one jumped vertically up beside me without warning and spun round in the air showering water all over, then crashed down sideways to give me a good drenching. Not sure whether he was just playing or warning me off his lady friends, but he sure as hell scared the khaka out of me! Go to sea in a kayak and see the world, I say.

Then, of course, there was that way up North encounter with a couple of whales ..... but I'll save that one for the next outburst! Razz
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
On the other hand, there are 6.999999999 billion people on this planet who have never heard of Sebastian Inlet. Surely, pueno, you wouldn't wish to deprive all those worthy folk from contributing to this epic thread, would you?

Not for an instant, GT. But The Swift One raised the point that contributors could not focus on his favorite topic -- and I was merely agreeing with him by citing a good example of bad focus. Every now and then, Brucie gets it right by getting it wrong.

Through no fault of his own, of course.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:
The topic, unless you have trouble with place names, remains Sebastian Inlet. I wasn't able to sail there this fall and wouldn't mind seeing more first hand reports regarding it.

58 freaking thousand views and 2 hundred freaking 75 responses isn't enough? Jeez, guy, just drive/rig/sail; it doesn't get any more firsthand than that. I learned enough about Baja and Costa Rica and Jericoarcourcoracoura (spelling them was not a deal-breaker) in a few posts to more or less make up my mind about them, and they're eleventy freaking thousand miles away.

All you need to know is right there in the Google blurb:
"Sebastian Inlet - Welcome to Florida State Parks
www.floridastateparks.org/sebastianinlet
The Sebastian Inlet swimming cove has now been reopened"

What more do you and your 89 clones -- all viewing and typing as fast as they can -- need to know?
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I am going to drive up there. Friday I rode my bike to Wabasso, across the causeway and back home. It was a great day for riding. I saw the funkiest old station wagon from the late 50's with a long board on top. The board was well used, but the car looked practically new. It was headed for the surfing at the state park for sure. I'm bringing my camera today, but I doubt if I can capture any relevant pics. The wind was blowing here averaging 13 on the shore. I flew a one line kite and had some fun with it. What did you do there?
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoke wrote:
I saw the funkiest old station wagon from the late 50's with a long board on top. The board was well used, but the car looked practically new.

Brucie, how about a picture of the car? That would be far more interesting than a kite.....

And it would bring more viewers to this thread. We both know how important that is. Wink
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googled Sebastian Inlet as Iso suggested, but was disappointed. It appears to be marketed as an all things to all men theme park. ( Complete with an adequate supply of notices, no doubt, warning that water can be wet!) Not the sort of place condusive to contemplation of the purpose and meaning of life.

Speaking of which, on an extended journey around the wilder parts of Scotland, I camped in a little grassy bay next to one of those quaint old Scottish graveyards miles from habitation. (Out of sight out of mind seemed to be the motto in harder times.)

On looking it over, the most recent I could find was that of a Master Mariner who died in his late 40's, and was 'dumped' there in 1936. Later that night, while sitting beside the tent on one of those still and silent atmospheric nights, with the last remnants of a red sky, and sparks from a driftwood fire crackling up to the void, it was impossible not to think.

Master Mariner, with all that must have meant, worn out and finished in his late 40's and just a pile of bones in a box in the ground. All that knowledge and experience just wiped out, and him probably not even remembered anymore as we all fret about our silly little lives. What on earth does it all mean? The more you reach for a handle on it, the more it evades us, yet you can't shake off the feeling that it DOES matter. Solomons Lament indeed! (For much wisdom is much grief, and increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.)

So p[erhaps you're right Brucie, and Sebastian Inlet will remove the need for thought, (Huxley's Soma), but I'll give it a miss thank you!
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are interested in the sea and surf scene at Wabasso and Sebastian, Florida, I am including a photo of the new Wabasso board shop which is on Rt. 1 right next to the Burger King at the corner of the causeway road. Unfortunately, the sun was shining in his eyes, but one of the employees was good enough to pose for the photo.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple more photos taken from Sebastian Riverside Park. The sailing I describe happened on the other side of the Island. Clam beach would be to the right and the State Park to the left. If you are interested in accomodations near these launches, Disney Vero Beach is at the junction of the Causeway Rd. and Rt. A1A in Orchid. They have their own beaches and amusements for the family.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What this travelogue is missing is an old fashion parade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 28 of 32

Jump to: