myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
SIMPLE KITEBOARDING QUESTION.....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damion_dark8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: SIMPLE KITEBOARDING QUESTION..... Reply with quote

Hi there.

I recently bought a kite setup with the bar and harness.

Now I have to buy a board.

I don't want that big sufboard with the foot straps so my question is this....

The usual board I see kiteboarders on looks to me like a regular wakeboard. I called a surf shop nearby and the guy told me that YES it in fact is a wakeboard but the only difference is the bindings.

Apparantly wakeboarders use bindings with laces whereas kiteboarders use bindings that a just tight rubber flaps to allow you to easily put them on your feet and take them off.

I'm just wondering if the guy was right because if so I am going to buy a wakeboard from my friend and buy the bindings at the store.

Thanks guys Smile
JRuffus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no dude you are talking to idiots...kiteboards are NOT wakeboards, the rocker patterns and fin confgiurations are different...it seems to me you needto talk to a professional, not only for the board but for overall saftety. you should not try to launch your kite if you do not know what you are doing for your owne safety, which really we dont care about but the safety of those around you is the real important thing.

Depending on where you live, call a kiteboarding shop, get the proper advice, get the proper kite instruction, and get the proper gear. Do not take short cuts. you will waste time, money, and overall make your life hell. Dnt buy garbage equipment. If you cant afford the new leftover or used stuff from 2007, do no buy anything...wait till you can...you will be bumming if you buy gear from 2006 or older.
JFred

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea......If you can swing it take the winter off, go to Florida and sponge off your wife. Have the equipment ready in your car so you can hit it right when she leaves for work. It worked for a buddy of mine. Laughing
JRuffus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
geohaye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damion,
You'll want to post your kite-related question instead on iKitesurf.com's Forums:

http://forums.ikitesurf.com/viewforum.php?f=1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: