myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hatch Lies 3 - The Resurrection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PM10080717

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
rationale for discussing one's own sailing or achievements:
1. Boasting for self-aggrandizement. I've perceived very little of that online.
2. Presenting credentials in support of one's opinions. How else can one lend credence to subjective opinions? IMO, Hatch/Swell is vastly different from the Event Site in many ways ...

K, I was wrong all along. It's a combination of Peedom '66 and Vick Formula 44 and some ointments. Good luck at the E and back at the lakes. Do the dentures move when some say 'dude' 2x?.....3x?
pacspeed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

1. Boasting for self-aggrandizement. I've perceived very little of that online.

\m/

I'm quite sure you haven't perceived it. Everyone else, on the other hand, perceives it every time you refer to sailing 3.5 sessions 12 hours non stop, or your epic history of dirtbike racing, or your heroic air force career, or your (insert Isobars' latest glorious achievement here). Dude, you are the king of self aggrandizement.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... You're one of the many flavors that make this site the delicious stew it is, but don't kid yourself.
WMP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacspeed wrote:

You're one of the many flavors that make this site the delicious stew it is, but don't kid yourself.

Actually, more like a mixture of different flavors of jams.... we got raspberry, blackberry, razzleberry... then we got fickleberry!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltPjE_Y1v6s
stevenieve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to some here (a couple) for some good advice. That is sad that you have to watch for glass at the hatchery. I have had a good couple of days now, and some very nice people are at the hatchery I think. I don't know about the other launches or some of the people here bragging and stuff who sail those. Any tips for how to avoid these and find more good sailing?

ciao
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacspeed wrote:
every time you refer to sailing 3.5 sessions 12 hours non stop

As you well know, you're lying.

pacspeed wrote:
or your epic history of dirtbike racing, or your heroic air force career, or your (insert Isobars' latest glorious achievement here)

So whose personal experience SHOULD I use to illustrate relevant points ... YOURS?

Mike

Last edited by isobars on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
windwoose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, more infighting. Why do these threads always start with a premise and end with total validation.

Guys, post a video clip of yourselves for those who don't sail with you. Then we will listen to everything you tell us.

We are all little beta males waiting for your lead.

Go Isobars:
No pics.
No bragging.
No telling us to watch from shore

We know a guy who couldn't jibe and hid it from us for years cause we have bad vision, and he still posts here giving sailing advice.

Show us the money.
LeeD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture not great idea...
1. Could be pic of a great sailor, but from the back, who can tell?
2. Pic could be moment in time, followed by huge crash
3. What does one pic show anyways?
I suspect Isobar IS a very good expert sailor, just read his technical posts. You can't describe windsurfing that well by daydreaming.
And very few on these or any forums actually deliberately mislead other's by saying they're good sailors or whatever.
Most sailors who post here have fellow sailors who ALSO post here. Checks and balances right there.
And some of us even give up computers for the chance to live a lifestyle they would like to try to uphold.
Pictures? Nah. Sure, I was in WindsurfingMag as least 10 times airborne some spot, but from that distance, and with hair flying all around my face, I coulda been JoshStone, ChrisChan or TeddyHuang.
windwoose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate having to repeat myself in on-line type.

windwoose wrote:
post a video clip of yourselves for those who don't sail with you.

But Lee, I must have missed those 10 issues.
Can you give us the issue number here and page number for one of those?
We would love to see you. With your hair over your face you didn't have a lid, which is why everyone has to repeat things for you here.
LeeD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, you funny dude, if you're a dude that is...but funny nevertheless...
Don't know which mags, but that old FatPhotog Donald what'his name (SFBay photog the big fat guy) used to call me all the time bugging me to show up here or whereever he could get his big body to......
No, I don't really care about that stuff, I got my gear thru shop emp, good sailor, board tester, and knowing most of the owners from the windsurf trade shows.
Yes, I probably sail better than you. Yes, I had to say it.
But then, I don't have my high school yearbook either.
Don't have receipts of my entry in OaklandColiseums SuperCross.
Don't have my acceptance forms into TranAmerical Tennis Tournaments.
Dont' have any of my trophies from any of those sports, + surfing in NorCal or windsurfing around here.....
Some peeps really cared about that stuff.
Maybe I did also, but I didn't care enough AT THE TIME to collect any of it.
You wanna find out if I can indeed windsurf?
Just read my technical posts, especially about go fast technique, which is probably waaay over your head. Or my expose about fins, probably waaay over your head.
You can surmise from there......or maybe ask some of the US Pro Freestyler guys. No, I don't freestyle sail. Or ask the most famous US custom board builder, or any of his riders......
YOU wanna know, YOU do the legwork !!
Until then, try to understand some stuff instead of shooting off your mouth from a novice's standpoint.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windwoose wrote:
Oh god, more infighting. Why do these threads always start with a premise and end with total validation.

The infighting would magically almost disappear if people could focus on windsurfing and skip the personal attacks and the lying.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: