myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
summer in New England
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedysailor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcharlton wrote:
Ron C.,

I had the same reaction to the column as you, seemed kind of a shameless ploy to get people buying new gear. I wouldn't mind having a glass board circa early 90s on those rare 30knt days.

DC
Here's Matt's answer to that criticism. http://www.gaastra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=719
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:
Here's Matt's answer to that criticism. http://www.gaastra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=719

Surprise, surprise. It's none other but "theclock," one of Brucie's aliases.

Yes, Brucie pointed us to one of his idiotic conversations with one of his idiotic aliases.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup that's me on my "old faithful"

That was a great day too.

RC
speedysailor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another one of Ron taken that day. Due to the wind at the shore, it is a little fuzzy. I also photographed someone else, but didn't get his name. You can copy it to disk if you right click on the photo and scroll down to >> Save Image as . . .<<

BeachStart1.JPG
 Description:
Ron on Pleasant Bay
 Filesize:  218.04 KB
 Viewed:  14701 Time(s)

BeachStart1.JPG

ccoate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRuffus wrote:
you know your lame when you reply to a post and say "you know your lame when 10-12kts sounds exciting"

I think we should all make a trip to Marblenuts and run around in speedos and scare the locals. actually they would probably try to get dates with us.

Hi My name is at dot net at brokie dot at net com.

jruffus busted a good one there!

Summer wind is good here (sfbay), just back from yet another 5.2 day on the bay.
I ride this rig like like 90% of the days I sail here. It's a few years old now sure but I can't afford to run out and buy new gear every year. Even though he is selling gear as a sponsored rider, I partially agree with what Pritchard is saying about the new gear thing. For those that are more in the learning stages being stuck on really old gear definitely isn't as much fun as getting on some more current stuff. For more experienced folks probably doesn't matter much. But hey we all do what we can and lots of people get into it on swap meet gear since dropping 1400 for a board, etc etc isn't what most people want to do when they are learning.

Picture 002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.79 KB
 Viewed:  14236 Time(s)

Picture 002.jpg

lackofwind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: SSE winds Reply with quote

We're supposed to see strong south or SSE winds tomorrow (Thursday) on the Cape depending on the forecaster you read. Anyone heading out? I have a Falmouth beach parking sticker and I am thinking about going to that Windsurfer owned beach on surf drive. It should be good in a S.E., but I'm not sure about the S.S.E. or South winds.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: SSE winds Reply with quote

lackofwind wrote:
I have a Falmouth beach parking sticker....

Gosh, what a coincidence. So does seedysailor, USvile, anywind, RobSwift, sinbad, tycoonguy, swiftsailor, windbob, joejane, theclock, cosmicharlie, jollyroger, beachdoser, broadreach... . . . . .

Say, Brucie, it appears that "USvoile" and "board07" were zapped on boards.co.uk. Why?
oldiemouldy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned from Maui, three different people approacjed my wife and offered to buy her glass board. She didn't sell. Nice on those honkin'days!
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I'm at it - not much happening on the outer Cape of Cod. Forecast has been light since whenever and nothing in sight.

After 2 "A" days of surfing last weekend, went out today while the rest of the family sat home and fought.

I'm sure that many a hardcore surfer would have turned their nose up, but I got about 30+ knee to crotch high, nice rides. To top it off, 2 guys that I know were along side on boogie boards - All had fun!!

When those fall winds pick up, I'll be right back with a sail!!

RC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: