myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pt. Isabel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andydavis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Pt. Isabel Reply with quote

I would like my own, permanently allocated and marked, parking spot at Pt. Isabel...after all, I am the founder, and I believe it is therefore my right. Yesterday I could not park... it was simply too crowded. I was just about to smash a little Prius out of a choice spot, but it wasn't windy enough to justify making all that broken glass and debris.

I don't think I am unreasonable, as I will happily share the park with dogs...I just hate the owners. Fifty years ago our dog Rocky could have easily found his way there by himself...we never had to give him a ride anywhere Confused
mamalam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Andy,

I read a couple of your postings.

I might understand some of your frustration, but I sure don't understand your thought process.

Your message "Fifty years ago" implies to me you would be a wiser, older, pinoneer windsurfer. I am sure a lot have changed, but you are doing yourself (and your health) more harm than you could imagine getting upset over things outside of your control.

Have you ever tried to take an opposite attitude of your current one? Try it for a day, no complaining for 24 hours. You'll see what a challenge it would be, and the incredible rewards!!!

I hope it'll be windy for you today, and you'll get your parking spot of choice, and all the other things that make you smile.
veterduet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one who is definiteley older, but not necessarily always wiser, I hate to sound like a broken record, but at Pt. Isabel, the far end of Marina Bay is the way to go...no dogs, no poop, you're own grassy rigging area and a restroom that is sometimes clean. What more could you ask for? As for parking, on a windy day the lot is nearly empty, except for the kiters and occassional fishermen.

It's so good I wonder why I'm telling you all about this for the umpteenth time? Must be the search for the post-session euphoria that is enhanced by accompanying comraderie of a shared experience. Right now I have to do my sharing with the kiters - not quite the same - like kissing your cousin (unless of course you're from certain parts of Appalachia).
andydavis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mamalam wrote:
Hey Andy,

...but I sure don't understand your thought process.

...no complaining for 24 hours.

If I don't complain, how do I know I'm alive?

Naw, I swore off Pt. Isabel on Sundays a coupla' three years ago because of the parking (I almost got in a fight with someone over a spot...ridiculous!) But that doesn't address my fundamental question -- who do I see to get my own, permanent, assigned spot there? (on a separate issue, I find that certain persons have been driving in my lane on I-80...don't they know about staying out of my lane?)

Marina Bay is great except that it can be a little leewardly some days. I find I don't mind the goose shit at all...it's not sticky like dog shit Surprised
kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andydavis wrote:
I find I don't mind the goose shit at all...it's not sticky like dog shit Surprised

Oh, that's what it is! I always thought the locals were leaving behind moldy cheeto's LOL

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andydavis wrote:
I find I don't mind the goose shit at all...it's not sticky like dog shit Surprised

Oh, that's what it is! I always thought the locals were leaving behind moldy cheeto's LOL

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
johnl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say, there may not be dog poop, but some of the Geese poop is getting pretty big! And it seems to be everywhere. Maybe we can convince them to go over to the other side with the dogs....

Which brings up a question.

We call them Canadian Geese. BUT I have an exGF who is Canadian and she says they call them Canada Geese! So which are they? I find this much more important in our life than parking spaces......

Which reminds me. STAY on the other side, don't come over to Marina Bay. It's bad enough that I can't seem to park in the "reserved area" any more since it's alway full and have to park along the cub. But if I have to park in the back lot that just won't be acceptable...... Evil or Very Mad
veterduet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Poop by any other name.... Reply with quote

Technically isn't it doog poop and goose droppings???Maybe a Canadian can clarify.

Don't get too enamored of having something permanently marked with your name - that usually only happens after you're gone...like the bench at Benecia with my old friend Bill's name. Bill hated ducks and died on his windsurfer. A true "mensch" (check with any ex-New Yorker for the meaning).

I've got to get out there.. these posts are a nice diversion, but I'm longing for the smell of the breeze, the bay, the poop....it all blends.
victor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persoanlyl i prefer marina bay, mainly because pt. isabel looks more like the aftermath of some military's scorched earth policy.

is that the only place to walk a dog in richmond? the albany bulb looks more appropriate. maybe andydavis could put up a sign and get some of those people to go over there.
wyndryder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny. Really. If you want *your spot*, then you just have to get there to claim it. That's what I do at Marina Bay and Pt. Isabel.

And parking in the lot at the end of Marina Bay is really not so bad, for whoever said unacceptable --- the distance is about the same as the distance at Pt. Isabel with an added bonus that there is little or no goose dung on the grass there.

Pray for wind.

Rob->
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: