myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2008 Rondeau Spring Windsurfing Regatta: May 23rd-25th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rondeauboy

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: 2008 Rondeau Spring Windsurfing Regatta: May 23rd-25th Reply with quote

Well my friends, the big weekend is almost here, and I for one am really looking forward to seeing everyone again and telling everyone about my latest-and-greatest windsurfing move...... the OTB (over-the-bars)! But seriously, I am really good at it and can pull it off with my eyes closed!! Maybe that is my problem?

Everything is on track for the event this coming weekend.....
including the weather. Nothing but sunshine in the forecast (so far), and decent NW winds on Saturday switching to SW Saturday night into Sunday. The southwest forecast is so-so, but the last 3 weekends have seen so-so forecasts turn into 30 knot Rondeau winds. Gotta love Rondeau. And, the water is up and the weeds are down.

Whether you are into racing or not, I invite everyone to come by the club (big white building across the parking lot) for a little camaraderie and lots of tall-tales. Racing is scheduled Saturday and Sunday (course and slalom), and Saturday evening we will be going to a local pub and grub for 'lots of pub and a little grub' (if you so choose). Sunday morning we will be hosting a gear swap on the lawn of the club, so if you have anything you want to deal, bring it by and try to sell it. If there is something you want to buy, you may be able to find what you are looking for. As well, the local Rondeau chapter of the Optimist Club will be selling and serving breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning, and the RYC will be selling burgers and dogs for lunch on both days.

The particulars of the event can be found on our club's website (www.rondeauyachtclub.ca).

See you on the weekend!!!!!!!

Dave French
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: