myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
New Topic.... Okay what is it about Windsurfers???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rowena wrote:

JP, I laughed so hard my stomach hurts. The pumping action is truly mesmerizing.

I must have my "pumping action blocker" enabled, as I don't see any such ad. That's o.k., I have options. Twisted Evil

jpbassking: Leave Billy and Rowena alone, you troublemaker. Mad Cool

Billy: If anything, you're just wind-whipped like the rest of us.
rowena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
yes I rig her sail because she does it too damn slow, and often not right.

I resent that!

TheQ---the Yoda amongst us. The Pumping Chinook Base ad was deleted almost immediately when JP drew attention to it. We are being monitored, I’m afraid, and like the playground guard we all had in Kindergarten, I envision a stately old matron with gray hair, a deep frown, and a shame-inducing tone of voice, accusing us of doing something naughty and nasty all the time, even though we know we are innocent.

The sensor looked like it was good today, but alas. Steve Bard and Mitchell making the most of it. Sigh…

Bring your brew to the beach, TheQ, and we’ll try it out 4-shizzle.

Laughing Cool Confused Shocked Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Question Exclamation
LoveSplittingLanes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: WMD or guns! Reply with quote

hmmm.... Interesting.... When will Dakine ever come up with a harness with a holster for a gun? I can easily picture the scene in the Coyote parking lot... with tense glares and comments going on between the vans.... awesome!

I surely don't have any aggressive feelings when sailing with the pelicans, sun, wind and nice ramps! Idea
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to jse/Steve's earlier posts about the Northwest "Geesers" thread, I took the time and reviewed all the posts (the dialog was quite lively), but I'm afraid that all those folks have been had.

I think that a cagey kiter type took the role of a dissatisfied young woman windsurfer to sent a devisive message home to "older' windsurfers out there. The idea that old guys smell like dying old dogs says it all in my mind. In a way, it was brilliant way to stir the pot from the outside and leverage off the reactions in some sick way.

No question, some folks want to run a negative game directed at windsurfing and those who are dedicated to the sport, regardless of their age. While this kind of negativity doesn't affect my spirit and direction, we need to watchful of this type of nonsense from bombative outsiders and not give them the reactive energy they're fishing for.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers to that last, swchandler.
theq

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
"The peace loving guys and gals are working and windsurfing. The confrontational are posting 10 or more rants every day. The same guys that love to see their opinions (whether on topic or not) in print are probably the ones who think they are jumping 10 feet in the air and impressing people when in reality they just cleared their fin. Maybe."

I like totally resemble that remark. Embarassed

Or could it be that some of us are just bored at our jobs Question

jpbassking: You'd have to jump like a Pritchard in order to clear your fin. Shocked
victor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>old guys smell like dying old dogs

now that's a remark that i resemble.[/quote]
jp5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billy you know you guys are the cutest windsurfing couple at leo. matter of fact I think you might be the only windsurfing couple at leo. but why oh why did you schlep your gear down to the water on friday and not go out? I hope I didn't intimidate your wife with my massive 7.1?

theQ, I thought you reminded me of Sam Adams. How about bringing some of that home brew to Leo for an after session toast. I take mine ice cold. I'll bring the cigars.

BTW, what happened to that sexy Chinook ad?
rowena

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JP.. The Chinook ad is back! it was taken down for awhile, and I really missed it. But it only appears sporadically, which is too bad. It's so suggestive! I want to buy a million of them!

Yes, we schlepped everything down to the beach yesterday... (Note: I SCHLEPPED IT!) and brought it back up because we only brought small sails. So we went golfing instead. Laughing at Billy's putting is a blast.

BTW, Billy and I are both incredibly intimidated by your 7.1 sail and your enormous fin. Who wouldn't be? You block out the sun.

Wink Laughing Surprised Laughing Cool Shocked Very Happy Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Idea Twisted Evil Razz Mad
tsokat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rowena:
Your comment about watching your husband on the putting green reminds me of an episode of the old Carson show in which Johnny asked Mrs. Arnold Palmer if she did anything to help Arnold's golfing career, and she replied that she washes his golf balls. Carson, without missing a beat, said "I bet that makes his putter stand up."
TS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: