myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
BEWARE OF POSSIBLE INTERNET FRAUD/SCAM HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TheQ! You're up early on Sunday? Yes, my curse is that I can't get rid of strong visuals, and they haunt me... You on that surfboard is one of them. With a string of seaweed wrapped around your head as you cling to the rim of the Tidy Bowl that is Leo, brown water lapping at your enormous biceps.

However, it is entertainment for me... I've struggled with a nasty cold for a week. Could be the preliminary stages of the Ebola virus contracted from our very own septic playground. I'll let you know if I make it through the week.

Intriqued by our resident Nunook of the North, Tsokat. Sounds like a cool dude. Perhaps we should descend (ascend?) on him en masse and take him up on his offer. May Gray and June Gloom seems to have arrived in April! Curses!
theq

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rowena wrote:
Hi TheQ! You're up early on Sunday? Yes, my curse is that I can't get rid of strong visuals, and they haunt me... You on that surfboard is one of them. With a string of seaweed wrapped around your head as you cling to the rim of the Tidy Bowl that is Leo, brown water lapping at your enormous biceps.

Yup, me and Mr. Clean, bicep to bicep. Mr. C. fighting the germs, me turning the water blue.

Sorry to hear about your cold, or reaction to the "inhabitants" of Ebo-leo pond. It looks like you won't be missing any sailing, at least without thinking about traveling. Hey, what's happening? My dingy is hitting full reverse! Frickin' coriolis effect!! BTW: Below the equator they call me ydiT lwoB naM. Shocked Arrow
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Those enormous biceps", TheQ, was a visual image for our brothers and sisters afar, who haven't the pleasure of seeing your magnificent specimen of a bod up close. A light-skinned Dwight Howard comes to mind. Arnold in the Conan movies.

Cracked-up with your reverse spin Down Under. Imagining you in a little boat now, paddling like mad! Fun visual.

I'm still thinking a trip up North to move in with Tsokat! We can comandeer Steve Bard's hippie VW bus, paint it with flowers (I did that once...), the Doobie Brothers playing, singing along together. A hippie migration to the playground of the Man in the Gray Suit. Isn't Waddell painfully near the Farallon Islands? You know, where people get eaten? Perhaps the Poo of Leo is not so bad after all. Methinks I worry too much. That's what happens when you're on Sudafed and Advil. You know they won't let you buy Sudafed anymore because of all the meth labs everywhere? Now that's an upstanding enterprise! I digress.

Wind looked promising, but it just dropped. Ugh.
theq

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....now you've got me thinking. Many would tell you that that takes some real doing. I suppose as long as I don't end up the man inside the Man in the Gray suit, things will be good.
I don't know what's more worrisome, Baja banditos or Farralon megaladons. Shocked

The things we do for wind.
The things we do for wind.
Like sailing with the sharks and the poo.
When there's nothing we'd rather do.
We don't even care much about dyin'.
We're air'n out our jumps and we're flyin'

Bring on the megaladon.
tsokat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, rode trips are really good for clearing out the cobwebs-with or without a hippie van. I have actually been thinking about doing a two week Point Reyes to Malibu summer windsurfing/mountain biking trip for quite sometime. Summer seems to be when Southern Cal has the most reliable thermal winds, so that would probably be a good time in which to head south. It might be a good plan to start in Marin somewhere, then to Crissy and Third Avenue, then Waddell/Davs, then discover some secret spots in Big Sur, then Jalama, perhaps Ventura and on the Leo. Stay for a couple of days whereever it is windy. Bring the mountain bike and do some riding when it is not windy, sample some of Califonia finest burritos and try to spread as much good cheer as possible along the way. That would only be about 300 miles as the crow flies and no passport or airport shoe removal would be required. We are all so darn lucky to have options like that within such a reasonable distance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: