myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Scary times in Baja
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windanseaphoto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Mexico Police find 3 headless burned bodies in Acapulco Reply with quote

ASSOCIATED PRESS

6:02 p.m. October 8, 2007

ACAPULCO, Mexico – Mexican police found the remains of three men who had been decapitated outside the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco on Monday.

The remains were found near a highway that leads west out of Acapulco, where the bodies had been set ablaze, according to a report by the state medical examiner's office. The victims were between 25 years old and 30, but had not yet been identified.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/20071008-1802-mexico-violence.html
madspaniard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things happen everyday everywhere, don't leave home if you worry that much

--------------------------------

Six dead in Wisconsin shooting rampage

DAILY NEWS STAFF

Sunday, October 7th 2007, 8:04 PM

Residents react with shock and sadness over the death, that included three high school students.
A quiet town in northeast Wisconsin was rocked by gunfire early Sunday after an off-duty sheriff's deputy went on a shooting rampage and killed six people beforing being shot himself, officials said.

A seventh victim is in critical condition.

The 20-year-old suspect - who according to reports was named Tyler Peterson - worked as a Forest County deputy sheriff, and part-time as a Crondon police officer, said officials. He was killed by a sniper, according to Mayor Gary Bradley, but this has not yet been confirmed.

The shooting took place in a two-story duplex near downtown Crandon. The reason for the rampage is unclear.

Three of the victims were Crandon High School students, said schools Superintendent Richard Peters. The other three had graduated from the high school within the past three years.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghutzel wrote:
Why any American would reward mexico with our hard earned dollars is beyond me. They disrepect us at soccer stadium events. They disregard our border laws and curse us when we take a stand. The political system and police force are overwhelmingly corrupt. You can't even drink the water or eat fruit without running the risk of becoming ill. Don't worry mexico patrons, it's all yours!

Lets see...I my lifetime, the US has had no problem stomping all over other countries borders. Especially our southern neighbors. Enjoying that banana? And of course, our government is not corrupt. No, not at all. And whats this I hear about ecoli in my salad? Oh, right., it was picked by Mexicans. If our little brown brothers would only wash their hands before they pick our produce for 10 cents a day. And why do we need to carry water purifers into the pristine Sierra Nevada? (by the way, whats with all these spanish names in California. Sierra Nevada...they should change it to Freedom Hills.) All this AND disrespecting us at a soccer stadiums! The outrage! Gotta go, theres a story on Fox right now about the American Cop that just shot six kids....I'll bet his last name was Gomez.
maxconnor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Windoggie, if you sneak into Mexico they throw you in prison and toss the key away. The same goes for many of the countries where the illegals sneak from. The rest of you post is irrelevant. You're another one of the "blame America first" crowd. Anything that happens around the world or against the USA was caused by us and we deserve it, right? Does the USA have problems? Absolutely, but we have done more good around the world than all the other nations' combined. Please feel free to pack your bags and go somewhere else! I'll give you a lift to the airport.
madspaniard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxconnor wrote:
Actually, Windoggie, if you sneak into Mexico they throw you in prison and toss the key away. The same goes for many of the countries where the illegals sneak from. The rest of you post is irrelevant. You're another one of the "blame America first" crowd. Anything that happens around the world or against the USA was caused by us and we deserve it, right? Does the USA have problems? Absolutely, but we have done more good around the world than all the other nations' combined. Please feel free to pack your bags and go somewhere else! I'll give you a lift to the airport.

man oh man, where do you get your facts from?
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxconnor wrote:

Actually, Maxconnor, I have no illusions about other countries on this planet, and I am well aware or their shortcommings, I just have a problem with hippocrites. Your simplistic solution of packing my bags and leaving was quite worn out during the Vietnam war. The bumper sticker read Love it or Leave it I believe. And we all know what a shining moment in American History that was. There IS alot to be proud of in this country as well as in our history. I wouldn't live anywhere else. What I'm not proud of is our racist, jingoistic, superior attitude that , with all respect, folks like you project around the world.
D-wo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, the E Coli problem was caused by cattle, not dirty hands.

Agreeably, the US is a big fish and subject to some undeserved criticism. But we have also used that big fish status to control economies and governments, exploit resources where we saw fit and promote civil unrest when it benefitted us.

And no, don't spend your dollars in Mexico, buy some windsurf equipment and support the Chinese economy.

mikecole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a common misconception to believe, as maxconnor states, that the US "has done more good than all other nations combined".

Please see: http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2676

Lastly, maxconnor's comment suggesting winddoggie "go somewhere else" smacks of fascism. The fact that winddoggie and others choose to look critically at their leaders and government can only promote positive change.

Mike
joewindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF are you guys talking about?

I thought the point of this thread was to warn people about a potentially dangerous situation!!

Don't drive through Tijuana at night, if you do there's a very good chance your gonna get your Sh!t handed to you!

It doesn't matter whether you like Mexicans or don't. The borders have been getting a lot tighter, cutting down on drug trafficing, human trafficing.. and criminals still wanting to make a buck. Do the math.

I like Mexico, and still plan on taking trips down there, but I don't have any delusions!

Joe, United States Citizen, and thankful to be one.
flynbri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Baja Good - Gringos Bad! Reply with quote

I've been going down to San Carlos since 1994 without a problem except for vehicles breaking down. I think having a low key appearance reduces the stinking rich gringo vibe considerably. The original story I found shocking but it seemed a lot like american thieves who knew exactly what they were doing. Shocked

point.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  174.98 KB
 Viewed:  17353 Time(s)

point.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: