myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Angry fisherman at Sherman Island County Park - Playpen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gerritt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So eric415, why all the secrecy? If you saw it differently, then please, tell us what happened. Did the windsurfer take his mast and try to impale the fisherman? Did he threaten the fisherman with his fin? Did he pull his kite knife from his harness, or a gun from his wetsuit? Inquiring minds want to know. The only justification under the law to a PC 417 brandishing is self defense. What threat was the fisherman under?
eric415

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all secrecy, I just didn't want to really point fingers at people. Maybe you need to know what happened so you can understand. I was fishing there since morning that day, so was Tony up until he was asked to leave the park for the day because the cop wanted to prevent any more incidents happening since a few people were hot-headed by then. Most of the story is fairly accurate in the previous posts but I'll point out whats missing. Afolander was pretty close to shore & ran into Tony's line with his fin, this almost dragged his pole into the water. (Keep in mind that this isn't a Wal-mart special, it's about $1,600 for that setup, no BS : Fishing line is measured in LB test and when scraped by a fin are worthless because that point that contacted the fin is now extremely weaker than the rest of the line and will snap upon casting or fishing. Spools need to be full of line in order to cast well so that means a trip to the store and $25 to get the spool re-wound)
Obviously after nearly loosing his pole/reel and having his line clipped, he's not to happy. He yelled to afolander to let him know he got his line nut got no response. Tony changed the spool for a second one that he has and started using that one. When afolander was coming back in, he got his line again. 2nd spool down now. So he approaches afolander and he was not to happy to hear about how he cut his line and pointed out that this is not a fishing beach but a windsurfing beach and you just have to deal with your lines getting cut. Both of them were hot headed at that point but nothing happened..A simple sorry I cut your line or I'll cover your cost would have made this simple but it turned into an argument and that was it for then.
So to recap, at his point its a disagreement but Tony is out 2 spools at $50 and a trip to the store.
At this point,afolander launched out again and was close to the shore so Tony reeled in the line he just re-spooled by hand from a spare roll he had so he wouldn't be loosing a third. Then he re-casted and it went by maybe 10-20 or so feet behind afolander. Now this is where we get to the plot.and what really caused most of this to get much worse. This total jackass, (I think it may be dasey) in a green honda elemnt, saw the cast and from about the pay station, starts hauling ass to report to Bob, he nearly hits me on the way! Later when he comes back after reporting he's giving Tony dirty looks, Tony tells him to pretty much f-off and mind his own bussines. Jestures exchanged, and dasey still trying to get the last word. Tony walks toward the car (it was stopped in the middle of the road but he never got out of his vehicle while acting out) and this prick puts it in reverse, hits the gas and hits Tony with his car, thats when Tony hit his trunk with his fist. He never gets out of the car but drives back towards the camp host.This is something that he conveniently forgets to mention here and most like in his complaint.

Quick recap, afolander & Tony at this point, just a disagrement, no big deal. Dasey at this point initiated the physical contact by hitting Tony with his car and is the real reason why this really stared to get out of hand.
I'll fill you all in on the rest later since my fingers feel like they're about to fall off from typing.
gerritt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, in four long paragraphs you have described a possible assault with a motor vehicle against Tony, but I am not clear if his person was hit, or his vehicle, or if Tony simply slammed his fist down on someone's trunk. In any event, its all irrelevant to Tony pulling a knife against a windsurfer. Did that happen? What was the windsurfer doing when the knife was pulled (if indeed it was)?

Oh, and if I sound like a lawyer, its because I am. Tony is sounding more and more like one of my clients: no common sense. After getting one minorly expensive line destroyed, he puts another out with the same result and thinks its someone else's fault.
eric415

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerritt wrote:
So, in four long paragraphs you have described a possible assault with a motor vehicle against Tony, but I am not clear if his person was hit, or his vehicle, or if Tony simply slammed his fist down on someone's trunk. In any event, its all irrelevant to Tony pulling a knife against a windsurfer. Did that happen? What was the windsurfer doing when the knife was pulled (if indeed it was)?

Oh, and if I sound like a lawyer, its because I am. Tony is sounding more and more like one of my clients: no common sense. After getting one minorly expensive line destroyed, he puts another out with the same result and thinks its someone else's fault.

Why do I waste my time explaining, it seems obvious you are biased without taking into consideration what the facts are in this matter. I made these posts so people could understand what really happened and realize that SI is a safe place for everyone to enjoy.
Skywalk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: could it be a windsurfing day? Reply with quote

does anyone think it would be a good day to windsurf at Sherman today it's blowin 19 and flooding?? Very Happy
waterstart

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: eric415, please continue the story Reply with quote

It's interesting and I am curious to see what happened.

And by the way, I am the French Eric guy out there so to all of you on line, I am not eric415. Plesae don't ask ME what happened. I wasn't there.
johnl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to the assault with the vehicle (what happened to the knife waiving? I didn't see it in your message?) it is pretty much a civil dissagreement. Tony (the fisherman?) can take it to Judge Judy if he feels it was the others fault Smile

But almost running somebody over with a car (assuming the guy didn't jump in front of the car intentionally) goes beyond your simple dissagreement. And the knife brandishing goes beyond a simple dissagreement. This is one step away from an attack.

But my question is (please don't make me go back and read every post again) it sounded like the fisherman has been doing this over and over. I would think that he would want to relocate to a place without windsurfers all over the place. The delta levee is a big place and windsurfers (and kiters) take up a very small portion of it. So why set yourself up for aggrevation?
iratherbefishing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Angry fisherman at Sherman Island County Park - Playpen Reply with quote

First of all, this story is being twisted in such a manner that it's ridiculous. The surfer didn't mention the fact that he used his car as a weapon There were 2 other men witnessing the act. The fisherman happens to be a very good and old time friend of the host, and the host of the park knows that he is not the kind of person that would pull out a knife unless he felt threaten. . From my experience with the guy (surfer) he was very rude and did not apologize for cutting the fisherman's line. The water is a free place to fish and surf and we all just need to share and get a long, there's plenty of water and wind, it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Tony has been fishing there long before this park became a windsurfing destination, we've known the host long before he moved into the park. Tony is not the kind of person that surfer makes him to be. And putting up his license plate number making it seem like he's a threat to everyone is just plain ridiculous. He's never had a problem with any surfer, maybe it's just you.
coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would you fish at Rio Vista............Its a windsurf spot..........and the water is gross
mountainbear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frenchee, I knew you were involved with all this! First you try to sink a boat in the Gorge now bit up a 5'2",120 lbs fisherman . You need help bro! This is your brazilian friend here. I just happen to be at SI yesterday and met "MAD TONY", one scarry dude!! How do I always miss the good stuff??? I just wish that we had someone like Nealpar around here, he sounds like a very tough guy behind his computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: