myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Clinics coming to the east coast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Clinics coming to the east coast Reply with quote

I love windsurfing clinics. ABK's are my favorites. And while I have no affiliation with them other than giving them my money on a regular basis, I'm here to recommend them to any and all over the next month or so.

They're at Napeague this Friday (9/14) and the following Friday with three-day clinics. Then they're down to Dewey Beach (a good flatwater spot) and then to Hatteras (even gooder.)

My wife and I and several friends will be in the Long Island clinics. Hope to see/meet some of you there.

whitevan01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard really good things about the ABK clinics also, and will be attending the one at Napeague this weekend (9/14). I'll be the one floundering around trying to learn how to gybe!!

Dennis
jimarshall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABK is terrific. I went to an abk session in aruba this spring, learned a tremendous amount. Andy Brandt is a great teacher. It was just a ton of fun.
rpowers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've attended three ABK clinics in North Padre/Bird Island Basin TX or the Outer Banks/ Hatteras Island Watersports Waves NC since 2000. Contrary to popular more experienced windsurfer opinion, the ABK clinics are not just for beginners. Andy Brandt has the clinics set up so that experts, intermediates, and beginners all have an assigned instructor and all have something to work on. No wind day ? Get ready for freestyle work and sail control drills. High wind day ? Get ready to get those gybes recorded on video, and video does not lie about those gybes you "made" on the outside, unlike you ! I'll be at the five day clinic Oct 22-26 at Outer Banks/ Hatteras Island Watersports Waves NC once again. C U there. Bruce Powers, rpowers1@cox.net
scooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petra Kanz is doing a clinic at Pt.Judith R.I. on Sept 21-23. I belive that she used to work as an ABK instructor before going off on her own. I've been to several of her clinics and have really enjoyed them.
mikej1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: East coast ABK clinics Reply with quote

I attended the clinic at Kalmus this past weekend, incredible. Great wind,instruction,and people. Almost forgot how special the cape can be. Sat. morning after the vulcan lecture the majority voted to sail across the channel and down into the lee of Egg island. There is a shallow protected bay closed in by a long finger of sand and a six inch deep sand bar running thru the center of it. Andy came screaming in on a 4.2 and threw this insane forward loop right along the edge of the sand bar. Our group was joined by a group of young multinational freestylers, I could'nt keep track of the moves. Ed wasn't teaching and joined in as a camper, he,Nickita, Cliff and Alex were going for vulcans. I was blowing my jibes and going for half hearted vulcan attempts. At 52 I have this stupid fear of breaking my ankles, I hope to get past this. But anyway with the sun shining,the water warm,the wind blowing and a good time being had by all, as they say, it dosn't get much better than this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: