myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Suggestion: Lead by example, and access should continue.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surfboard hit me, right upside the head during the last south swell. Yep, you nearly didn't have old jpbassking to kick around any more. Doc says I'm done for the season. Thanks for askin.
rowena

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If windsurfing starts offering such greatly dimished returns for me, because of the aggressive crowd situation, I'll be forced to find another sport.---Theq

Hmmmm....TheQ. Sounds like The "Q" stands for "Quitter". I certainly hope it was only a misinterpretation.

BTW, Johnoestman, you speak from the heart, and with wisdom and experience. You should definitely post more than three times.

And----call me crazy!---but I think that "soft-bellied men in their 50s" are kinda cute...
alexw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: The Beauty of Secos (Leo) Reply with quote

I too, have been sailing at Secos a long time. I've been to baja (both sides), sailed 12 wave sets at Pistol River, 20' (faces) at Jalama, skimmed over shark infested Australian waters, the deep Fiji ocean and up and down the California coast. After all this, I think I still like Secos the best. Wind and wave battered rocks protecting the majestic kelp forest, the smooth wind ripled waters and the picturesque hills beyond.

Yes...what a beautiful spot.

I'll see you there.

-Alex
laci

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think many, if not most of us Secos locals come from a surfing background. Most of us have been sailing for many years, both here and at various spots all over the world. This isn't about who has bragging rights to be the most experienced wavesailor on the beach, it's about keeping our favorite local break available for the future as a viable windsurf destination. Everybody knows what the rules are. How do we enforce them?
dabull1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Fear and Loathing 2007 Part Deux Reply with quote

Wow, a couple of marginal wind days and you guys are going off! Let me pause from an arduous evening of baking Tollhouses[gotta maintain that soft belly] and attempt an epistle of note.Since the list format dominates this thread, let me give it a try... [1] Adam, you're right, LA sucks, Maui here I come. [2]JohnO, you're the Leo Zenmaster. [3] Jrbassking, sorry 'bout the ears, downtime should be filled with a regime of beer and situps to prepare for next season's nealpar physical. [4] TheQ, it's time to restore the kingdom, bring forth Excalibur2 and rule the waves![5] SWChandler...RIGHT ON! [6] Capetonian, you're a newbie so I can't pick on you yet, but you're getting close! [7] Gregor, you rule! Maybe you can get nealpar in line! [8]Nealpar, heed JR'S Advil advice, however for certain monthly afflictions, I've heard Motrin works well.[8] Rowena, soft belly to the north, rock hard to the south![9]Alex, you've the Leo groove! Whew!!! Time to oil up the wheels on the ol'walker, charge the batteries on the pacemaker and the pedophile van [sorry, children don't do it for me, but naked female feet emerging from a smelly old wetsuit,hmmm...],and pour a warm cup of cocoa to go with those cookies. Then it's off to beddie-by with visions of whitecaps dancing through my head! Bull PS Todd was in total control while waving that 7.5 !!!
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull, I got the beer part covered. Situps are bad for my aging back.
hey, how about sharing some of those cookies? Laughing
theq

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The meek shall inherit the earth." In the ocean, they'll get squat.

Go, go, get 'em, get em, fight, kill, fight, kill. Go, go, get'em, get 'em, ...

"Q" for quitter, now that hurts. Why I oughta...... Mad . And then I'm gonna.... Crying or Very sad

As soon as I can free Excalibur 2 from its craggy prison, the Q will once again rule the waves. Although the benevolence shown in his last reign may well be absent toward the aggressors.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. Or close the wall up with our English dead. In peace there is nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility. But when the blast of war blows in our ears, imitate the action of the tiger. Stiffen the sinew. Summon up the blood. Disguise fair nature as hard-favored rage. Then lend the eye a terrible aspect...." (Credit to the original Bard.) Mr. Green
kbshred

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread guys –

This is what I’m getting –

A – Lots of windsurfers in the slot, kiters turn it down a notch or two (or three). Not a lot of room in there, give us a little break when its our turn to rock.

B – Fellow Kooks and Knuckleheads – Some respect and maybe some deference to the obviously more accomplished wave sailors, most got that way through hard work and discipline schlogging it out on marginal days – not happening to show up on the four days a year when the wind and waves are both good.

C- Shreddin’ Wave Sailors – Try not to hog – by backing off on a few you gain some goodwill and don’t forget the guy on the beach that could use a good laugh.

D – Someone tell that old naked lady that hangs out past the abandoned tower to put some damn clothes on. OK off topic but it had to be said.

And while we are quoting:

“Trees show the bodily form of the wind;
Waves give vital energy to the moon.”

Zenrin Kushu

Makes sense to me

Peace
rowena

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: more nonsense since we're fogged in... Reply with quote

DaBull, agree with your assessment of "soft-bellied men in their 50s". An evolutionary biologist might say that the above are, indeed, more highly evolved, since aforementioned padding provides the following:

1) Insulation when the water gets cold, especially when the notoriously fickle wind at Leo "shuts off like a light switch" (as per MKrasnoff), and our oddly elegant side-stroke "swimming style" while hanging on to the nose of the board ensues.

2) cushioning...nuf said.

3) More to love....ditto.

While we're quoting stuff to sound learned, nay, esoteric....

Gene Wilder in Blazing Saddles... (take note JPBassking)

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new west. You know... morons."

TheQ---No diss, my brother! Just worried I won't see you at the beach if you throw in the towel. I've really enjoyed confusing you as to what to rig, as in... 5.0? Maybe, but maybe a 5.5.... Scratch that... 5.0 is better. Wait...it's dying out there!
nealpar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, even if NOTHING HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED, I have to credit to y'all for teaching me EVEN MORE about HUMAN NATURE. It's fantastic the way people form alliances, shifty and unstable as they are when based on petty commonalities, or the good old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". It's been comical to observe the reaction and "mis-reaction" of big grown men (the bigger they are, the more touchy they get...) to (to me) obviously humour laced comments, or comments intended to playfully challenge engrained habits and attitudes. However, when push comes to shove, I'll shove back as hard as any. You don't pay my bills, and you're not even handsome, so I will not tolerate your bullshit or your fat belly, like the female you've got tucked away at home.

Qman, I appreciate your efforts. It pains me to see that someone as gentle as you has been spooked, but with time, and the "beginning of open season for kiters", things should calm down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: