myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Cape Cod Windfest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beachdoser

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Cape Cod Windfest Reply with quote

By the way, I found this on the inlandsea website: UPDATE..... Unfortuantly we have had to cancel the Cape cod Windfest for this year. >>Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.<<
amarie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many people will be going to freestyle anyway whether there's an official event or not. I'll be there Smile
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Watch out for the Buick Century Reply with quote

amarie,
Have fun at the freestyle event but beware of the beachdoser (aka sinbad etc.)
He'll be the one in a small but convenient Buick Century
Laughing

sinbad wrote:
Amarie, you and I could start a family in my Buick Century, sail to our heart's content and then discover America. I toured the U.S.A. in a Chevrolet, but somehow it wasn't as fun as doing the beaches in my Century Wagon. What convinced me that I had the right choice was watching Elvis's Blue Hawaii and seeing so many beach wagons.

Embarassed
inlandsea

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would drop a note as I have been running the event for the past bunch of years and.

We had a great run with the Event over the past years and although the weather didn’t always cooperate, we always had a great time at West Dennis beach for the Weekend. I want to thank all the people who were instrumental in making it possible for the event to happen:

Peter Kimball- There is no way we could have ever done the event without this man. He was always willing to jump in and get things done. Peter brought most of the frame work, Generators, cables, cords and know how to really be the backbone of th event. A truly great person who's hard work should be acknowledged. Thanks "Fugitive"

Angela Kimball Peter better half, who not only helped organize the event in the weeks before the event and kept us all on track toward the goal of having a great event, but put in her time for the weekend to be at the beach keeping things moving along smoothly. Thanks Angela!

Jerry Evans - Cape windsurfing Hero, Jerry hand made beautiful trophies and designed the T-shirts for us as well as helped in set up for the event. His ever present laugh and smile along with his mad skills on the H20 were a huge part of the event- Git er Done!

Chuck Gerbutavich Deputized constable for the weekend, Chuck and hit well lit up truck managed the parking and safty for the event and kept us all in line. (No one was ever harmed). Chuck thanks for giving us your time for all the years of the event as well as the hugs.

"Freestyle" Fred Vetterline I met Fred at the very First Freestyle event many years ago when I was a participant, Fred’s enthusiasm for the Freestyle part of windsurfing was key in keeping people coming year after year to show their stuff. Thanks for keeping it alive freestyle!

Mike Burns Not only a kick butt freestyler, Mike was a huge help in getting the word out about the event and encouraging others to come and have a great time. Always willing to help make it happen. Mike took on Pro rider Whit Poor in a heads up battle and proved that East Coast Rules!

Steve "Skillet" Skillings - Steve took care of the sound system and was willing to do whatever it takes to make sure we had what we needed to get our groove on. Steve is one of the great one's in this world, A man I don’t know super well, but admire greatly. Thanks Steve!

Judith (good juju) Mann Last and certainly not least is my beautiful wife Juju. She picked up all the loose ends that made he event happen. Always on task and with the Goals in mind, she ran around tying up any and all loose ends. Really she is the reason the event happened at all.
Love you.

I wish we could have continued the Event this season, but unfortunately the escalating cost of insurance, etc has caused us to have to discontinue for now.

Thanks to all who came in the past and made the event a great one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: