myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Cape Cod Monday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Cape Cod Monday Reply with quote

Florence will be in her best position for New England on Monday. Im looking at Kalmus on the harbor side for the NE winds. Where are others going?
beachdoser

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: RE: Cape Cod Monday Reply with quote

There are much better locations than Kalmus in a NE. Ive dropped by when it was blowing out of that direction and saw neither wind nor sailor. If you like waves, try Chapin, Mayflower or Corporation in N. Dennis or Stoney in Woods Hole.
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: RE: Cape Cod Monday Reply with quote

As much as I like Kalmus, no way in a NE wind. The tide is high in the afternoon in the bay. Timing no good for me. Im planning to go into work late and sail the consistant wind in Pleasant Bay. If its a true NE, Chatham side is easy to access (parking and water).
rc
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Cape Cod Monday Reply with quote

I appreciate the advice. I wont go to Kalmus. Ill try one of the suggested spots. Forecast still looks good!
scooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: RE: Cape Cod Monday Reply with quote

Chapin is great in any north wind. You can get waves, chop and flat water, all in the same run. If you go there check the tides first. It is good 3 hours before and after high tide. At low tide it is sailable, outside the sandbar, but youll have a very long walk across the bar to get back to the parking lot. I was there today from 12:00 to 4:30 (high tide 2:00) and it was a playground!
beachdoser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: RE: Cape Cod Monday Reply with quote

Its been rather calm on the south shore of the upper cape since yesterday evening. It looks like tomorrow has a better forecast than today.
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Cape Cod Monday Reply with quote

Yeah. I saw the change in forecast. I went to work today. Tomorrow Im going sailing. Probably at Pleasant Bay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: