myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
rental locations in SF area and down to LA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpinedo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: rental locations in SF area and down to LA Reply with quote

Ill be spending a few days next week in the area. Anyone could tell me where I could rent some windsurfing gear?
I have intermediate level (jibe, first jumps). Flat water preferred but some waves are ok.
Jrobb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: RE: rental locations in SF area and down to LA Reply with quote

How long are you here for? Coyote rental there I believe. Look up ASD surf on Google. Or demo from Kitewindsurf, Berkeley Boardsports, or ASD to get to the wind if not at Coyote Pt. 3rd also rents through Helm of Sunvalley I think.

J
kevinkan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: RE: rental locations in SF area and down to LA Reply with quote

On the water locations in SF:
-Helm Sports has a container at 3rd Ave
-ASD at Coyote Point
-Kite Wind Surf in Alameda

Other rental options in SF:
-Berkeley Boardsports
-Delta Windsurf Co.

or call Jason Voss for a lesson/rental package. this time of year you may have to drive around to where the wind is, but if you want flat water, check out Candlestick and Palo Alto... but dont be afraid to check out the other sites as well.

in LA:
Captain Kirks has a demo van down at Cabrillo Beach. You can also go by his store or Xstreamline (both in San Pedro near Cabrillo)
jpinedo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: RE: rental locations in SF area and down to LA Reply with quote

thanks
can you tell me Jasons telephone number?
madspaniard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: RE: rental locations in SF area and down to LA Reply with quote

check out his website....www.jrvwindsurfing.com/
Juerg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: RE: rental locations in SF area and down to LA Reply with quote

www.windsurfdeal.com has some nice gear for rent top material 06 gear ask for Ryan.

There are also lesson for advanced riders with a PWA girl from water start to wave riding.

See you on the water

Juerg
Juerg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: RE: rental locations in SF area and down to LA Reply with quote

www.windsurfdeal.com has some nice gear for rent top material 06 gear ask for Ryan.

There are also lesson for advanced riders with a PWA girl from water start to wave riding.

See you on the water

Juerg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: