myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mitt Romney and free stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
SNIP
And those bush wars you so ignorantly describe were passed by Congress with the intelligence information that was considered fact by the worlds intelligence community, and that's a fact. So stick with the bully and class warfare bullshit , it will probably serve you better.

Matty, in all your bluster it appears you forgot what actually happened. Here is a summary of what the world's intelligence community considered fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_uranium_forgeries

swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, I think that your view of GM products is shallow and weak. I have a Chevy van that I ordered and bought new in 1997. After over 15 years, it's been a great vehicle that I feel was very well designed, and it has fared very well over the years. While I have some small criticisms, it handles extremely well and has been dependable over the long haul, and arguably it's one of the best full sized vans out there.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Moving off topic for a moment, how did the father and son trip to Maui work out? Is he feeling the stoke for windsurfing and surfing on the Northshore?

Thanks for asking SW. My son had shoulder surgery 3 months ago, so we have been trying to take it easy. But yesterday at uppers, he was rockin. Blew by me on a 4.2 at warp speed and hauled off a 6 foot jump. Then blew up. As a father, I'm always worried, but he came up laughing. We're coming home Sunday. It's been a fun trip. He's not ready to surf yet because of the surgery. Nukin wind....diving...caught some ono...

Maybe I'll finally meet you in Malibu this summer?
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:

But then again it was the Bush policies, and our Navy seals that got BL....

And there you go, giving credit to the man who publicly stated a number of times that he couldn't care less about bin Laden.

Are you so dense as to think that the Seals planned and executed the operation in a vacuum? Do you think that Obama had to himself physically pull the trigger in order to receive credit?

Matty, your tired old retread extremist republican talking points make you as much a clown as Palin, Bachmann, Noot, Perry, Cain, Santorum..... and the list goes on... Laughing Laughing Laughing
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan I wish the wars never happened, they were a mess without question. But you go in as country and you finish the job as a country! You do not play out your disagreements on the front page of newspapers and put our soldiers in harms way by enraging and empowering our enemies. The action of the left was reprehensible. And I have had this conversation with many returning soldiers. So you can refer to wikipedia , and I will trust those who had a gun in their hands and not a keyboard on the other side of the world.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42880435/ns/today-today_news/t/cia-chief-waterboarding-aided-bin-laden-raid/#.UBKLC2t5mK0
I guess Leon was making this up to make his party look bad , or maybe he was being an American and not a partisan hack.

Obama has not even come close to making any tough foreign policy decision, he sits back and sees which way the wind blows, and would not have the balls to do what's best for the country, if it put his legacy in harms way.
Why do you think he had to pump up his reputation with these dangerous and disgusting security leaks? Thank you Diane Fienstein for having the courage to do what's best for your country , and not your party!!!!
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:

Obama has not even come close to making any tough foreign policy decision, he sits back and sees which way the wind blows, and would not have the balls to do what's best for the country, if it put his legacy in harms way.

Change "Obama" to "Romney" and your statement is 1000% true.

Look up "flip-flop" in the dictionary, and there's Willard's smiling face.

Matty, you sure are a funny guy! Laughing Laughing Laughing
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible Bin Laden / Obama scenario without any research -

CIA/Military goes to Obama and says: We found Bin Laden.

Obama: Where and how?

CIA: Pakistan, with continued interrogation, intelligence and hard work.

Obama: Can we get him and what is the plan?

CIA: Yes we can and we have worked up a plan and think it will work, but there are risks.

Obama: Thinking about the implications for a long time (I can't remember the time line but as I recall, it was weeks), then he gives the go ahead.

CIA: We got him

Obama: Great

Just how much did Obama have to do with killing Bin Laden? Politically, he took some risk, but what would have happened if he didn't go after him and the public found out? Gee, what a tough choice.

From: http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/international/27-Jul-2012/us-admiral-says-raid-was-easiest-part-of-bin-laden-op
Quote:
The US military raid that killed Osama bin Laden was the "easiest" of three steps that led to the Al-Qaeda chief's death, the special forces commander who supervised the clandestine mission has said.

Admiral William McRaven praised President Barack Obama for ordering the raid and said the CIA deserved credit for finally tracking bin Laden down to a house in Abbottabad.

"Our piece of it, the military piece, of kind of what I look at kind of three components was probably the easiest aspect of the entire raid," he told CNN's Wolf Blitzer at the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado on Wednesday.
"The two other pieces of this were the CIA's role," said McRaven, who heads up US Special Operations Command, without detailing exactly what the intelligence agency did.

"When the history is finally written and outlined and exposed on how the CIA determined that bin Laden was there, it will be one of the great intelligence operations in the history of intelligence organizations."

McRaven refused to answer a question on whether the military's mission was to kill bin Laden or capture him, but he said the commandos merely did their job and it was Obama, not the special forces, who issued the order to go in.
"This is not a small point. The fact of the matter is it was the president of the United States that ordered the raid," McRaven said, and replying "absolutely, he does," when asked whether Obama deserved credit.
The bin Laden raid, which was launched from neighboring Afghanistan without the knowledge of Pakistani authorities on May 1, 2011, was one of 12 US operations that evening, but it "was a little bit more sporty," McRaven said.
isobras

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
From: http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/international/27-Jul-2012/us-admiral-says-raid-was-easiest-part-of-bin-laden-op
Quote:
Admiral William McRaven praised President Barack Obama.

Presidents don't fire captains, but they sure as hell do fire generals and admirals. Their bread is buttered by the White House.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its remarkable to me that Republicans are looking to discredit the president at every turn. I still have buddies who wont give Bill Clinton any credit for the economy during his 8 years in office. Look, we give credit to Reagan for winning the cold war, we give credit for Clinton for managing the economy during a boom, and we will give credit to Obama for nailing Osama. If W had nailed Osama, he would have declared victory on two battleships, And Michelle Bachman would be trying to have his mug added to Mount Rushmore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: