myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Farrah Hall, the number one ranked Women's RS:X Windsurfer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3-phase

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Farrah Hall, the number one ranked Women's RS:X Windsurfer Reply with quote

KA Sails Welcomes Farrah Hall USA-3 As Our Newest Team Rider

March 2 , 2009

Farrah Hall, the number one ranked Women's RS:X Windsurfer in the United States and a rising star in Formula racing has now officially joined KA as a Team Rider.

Jurg Schnorf says "Farrah was a natural choice because her total dedication, energy, and commitment to be the best mirrors KA Sails’ own philosophy for being the best in everything we do.”

"I'm excited to be a KA Team Rider and really appreciate the benefit of using a superior sail. My KA Formula sails are light, easy to rig, and each sail can be used in a wide range of conditions. I am very happy to now be representing this up-and-coming new company.”

Farrah will be competing at the Calema Midwinter’s in Merritt Island, Florida this March 6-8, using the newest KA Sails designs. The full range of KA Formula sails will be available during this event. Farrah’s quiver includes a 9.0, 9.8, and 10.7.

This summer Farrah will compete in a number of European Formula events on the Grand Prix tour and will be filing reports specifically for Windsurfing Miami on http://www.miamiwindsurfing.com/.

KA Sails makes a full line of windsurfing sails including Formula, Kona, Slalom, Wave, and Speed. KA Sails dominates the Foiling Moth Class taking the top 18 spots at the 2008 Moth World Championships. For further information on KA go to www.kasail.com/.

Farrah Hall is actively campaigning for the 2012 Olympics in the RSX Class in addition to joining the Formula circuit this year. More information can be found at www.farrahhall.com and www.miamiwindsurfing.com

I am super stocked to all Windsurfing Women I say you rock. Very Happy

Juerg

www.kasail.com
www.windsurfdeal.com
bamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Responds by Talking About Himself in the Third Person

March 3, 2009

After reading a post on Iwindsurf.com Ben thought it would be fun to issue his own press release.

Ben says, "Talking about yourself in the third person is great. It's kind of like you are doing the talking but you can attribute your comments to someone else, who is not you, but is actually you. The problem is finding the opportunity to use the third person. Saying things in general conversation like: Ben likes ice cream or Ben likes windsurfing, when you are Ben, can be off-putting to many people. The workaround is to create a press release. This makes it okay to interview yourself and respond to your own clever questions."

It is not known if Jurg Schnorf sets up two chairs when he interviews himself. He may play the interviewer with props such as a note pad and a press badge. After each question is asked he may get up, take off his badge, set his notepad down, and sit down in the other chair.

Irrespective of the interview format, Jurg Schnorf is known to give careful and thoughtful responses to his own questions. This can be seen in the quality of Jurg's press releases.

When asked for a final thought, Ben said, "Farrah is a great sailor and women windsurfers do rock, I'm just not sure if they rock as much as Jurg!"

Ben
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see a rider get some recognition.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
3-phase

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Ben next time I hire you for the interview. I am sure you speak and write better spenglish then a Cuban Immigrant (a Windsurfgirl I take this back as she speak perfect english) and a Swiss guy.

Juerg

www.kasail.com
www.windsurfdeal.com

Last edited by 3-phase on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
feuser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-phase wrote:
Laughing Ben next time I hire you for the interview. I am sure you speak and write better spenglish then a Cuban Immigrant a Windsurfgirl and a Swiss guy.

Juerg

www.kasail.com
www.windsurfdeal.com

I am pretty sure the windsurfgirl speaks excellent English. You and I - not so much.

Congrats to her and welcome to the team.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
BRIMAR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Quotes Jurg Quotes Reply with quote

Hi Jurg,
Are we to understand that this was an article in a magazine or some online media outlet? Where was the interview "cut and pasted" from?
Maybe you could post the link to the actual article in order to add some validity to your claims!
3-phase

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Farah Hall Reply with quote

Hi BRIMAR,

www.Miamiwindsurfing.com made a Interview with Farah Hall and was the first to know about her joining the KA sail Team. I help where ever I can to increase the number of Windsurfer in the USA, Canada, Americas and support GPS, Slalom, Wave and Formula races etc., so I am very exited that she joined KA Sail. If people pick on some typos etc I don't see that so important I rather would like to see guys and girls spend effort on getting there buddy's on board then belittle others in the forum.

www.miamiwindsurfing.com and soon www.kasail.com for the news

Have fun and keep sailing

Juerg

www.kasail.com
www.windsurfdeal.com
BRIMAR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Now that's more like it!! Reply with quote

Great post jurg!
Can't wait to see how she does on your sails.
Will she be using any of the other products on Windsurfdeal.com?
Thanks and congrats on your new found success!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: