myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
launching a paddle board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icesailing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: launching a paddle board Reply with quote

trying to launch a big board like this is a little tricky. im getting wear spots at the side of the nose from draging the board by the fin while holding the boom in the other hand. anyone else got a trick for this. do they make a matching paint for the starboard mr. easy paddle board. or a sort of nose guard or strip protection tape.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those boards with no foot straps or handles are the worst for launching thru shore pound. Use the leash well(s) to at least have a piece of line for a "handle in the back.

Other than that, find a matching paint, or use ding stick for the higher wear areas.
bred2shred

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SUP's are a little tricky to carry. Here's a couple things that I do.

- Cary the board and rig separately to the water's edge. A lot of times these things are easier to carry in two pieces, especially if you have a long walk.

- You can carry the SUP in a similar fashion to carrying a regular short board (where you hold the boom in one hand and a foot strap in the other). Instead of grabbing a forward footstrap, you flip the enitre board up so that it is facing deck down and resting on the mast. Then grab hold under the outside rail. It's not the easiest thing to do, buy you can carry the entire rig/board off the ground this way. Also, if there is some breeze, you can fly the board a little to keep the nose up.

- Once I'm in the water, I'll flip the board right side up, put my hand around the tail and grab the fin. The nose will be floating and I can keep the fin clear until I'm in deeper water and ready to go.

- Comming in, I'll ride so the fin is just clear of the bottom, jump off, quick grab the little leash string and walk the entire kit around so it's facing out to the water. This allows me to get the entire rig and 90% of the board clear of the water and away from shore break. Then I'll carry the kit using the above method.

sm
icesailing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: funny matter Reply with quote

i went to home depo yesterday. to match the color of my mr easy paddle board. afteter getting permission to bring it in i carried my 12 ft board through the store to the paint dept. you should of seen the looks from people. the guys working there will be talking about that on their breaks for awhile. they did a great job matching me up a quart of paint for touch ups on the small dings you get once and awhile.
icesailing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: paint Reply with quote

i got the paint code if anyone gets a starboard red/orange board. this is from home depo.

pictures1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.88 KB
 Viewed:  6526 Time(s)

pictures1.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: