myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What kind of windsurfing water shoes should i get?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtur13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: What kind of windsurfing water shoes should i get? Reply with quote

I am looking for ones that fit into the straps and are not too big but are somehow like water proof?
dbrock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: water shoes for windsurfing Reply with quote

I tried the expensive water shoes that you find in stores like REI that cost alot. They didn't last long especially with windsurfing because they tend to not have toe support, often just neoprene, so when you are pushing through the toes in the straps, the big toe eventually pushes through the front of the shoe. The best shoes I have found are the Van's or slip ons that you find at places like Target or K-mart. They cost about five bucks, there is a solid rubber sole, and the canvas material for the tops can last a season even if you don't clip your toe nails. Just make sure the material on the bottom of the shoe is rubber. One pair that I bought had a funky material on the bottom that did not have good grip once I got on the water. If you have monster feet you may have trouble finding a pair to fit you.

Good luck
gtur13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank you so much
Caribsurf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chexck out this link to Zappos and the Reef "Anti Reef" water shoe. I got a pair after injuring my foot and they fit like a glove. Really light, flexible and you still have feeling and sesitivity. I hate booties and will only wear these when the conditions call for them but they are the best booties I have ever tried.

I have never seen them anywhere but at Zappos website

VERY IMPORTANT they run small I am 10.5 but wear a 12 in these
Caribsurf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops the link might help

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/26138503/c/401.html
wsurfn1426

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have these too. Mine are sized fine. I wear 13 shoe, same in these.

They are thin, and work well. They don't last long. I am on my 3rd pair in the last 2 years. I buy 2 pairs at a time for this reason....at zappos.com too.

They got to me in a day! Great service.
speedysailor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are trying to protect the soles of your feet from broken glass, etc. in the water, you will need a thicker sole. I have a number of booties and low-cut water socks. You want a tight fit. Currently, I'm using the NP 2000 series bootie in a 10 (my size is 10.5), but I change depending on the bottom surface in the waters I'm sailing. I do like the thin tight fit of this pair the most, however. The soles are smooth, and it all makes it easy to slide into the straps.
gkl7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love O'Neill Superfreak for two reasons:
- split toe
- the small holes on the sides eliminate the suction effect my older booties had

http://www.isthmussailboards.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ON2683
drewkim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started using the Reef "Anti Reefs." My normal shoe size is 8.5 and I ordered a 10, which fits perfectly. The good is that they fit very well and don't rotate on your foot. They're also very thin, so you don't lose too much feel. The bad: the bottom isn't very grippy and I got a big blister on top of one of my toes. I can get over the blister, but I didn't like the lack of grip.

I'll continue to use them for light wind days, but I'll continue using my old Okespore Gorges until I can find something better. I've been pretty happy with the Okespores except that they rotate on your foot and they don't last very long.
seaniekaye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Not too thick, not too thin Reply with quote

I am in love with my O'Neill Superfreak 5/4 Split Toe Booties. They are warm, rugged, with soles thick enough to deal with sharp rocks but not so thick that they come between you and the board. They have these straps near the heel that help to pull them off, which is so cool. And unlike other booties I have had, the foot straps around your ankle prevent you from sliding forward in them and mashing your toes out the front.

I do not work for O'Neill. Promise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: