myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
remember this board?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merde

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: remember this board? Reply with quote

I just saw this on craigslist!
anyone remember this beauty?
souvenir, souvenir.

cheers

Picture 1.png
 Description:
used once... 25 years ago
 Filesize:  132.56 KB
 Viewed:  17761 Time(s)

Picture 1.png

jingebritsen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That finbox will blow out faster than shinnola if you put anything other than a very small fin in it. That football fin is an immediate throw away. Dunno if it's worth more than a wall ornament...
wdsurf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: d head Reply with quote

Very Happy that was my fist short board 1984 had a hookipa also both fin boxes i replaced twice.fun boards in their time.
speedysailor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice how far forward the mast track is. I don't think it could take a sail that isn't fifteen or more years old. Like most old windsurfers, if you don't have a matching rig, you don't have anymore than a badly shaped surfboard.
Jrobb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysailor wrote:
Notice how far forward the mast track is. I don't think it could take a sail that isn't fifteen or more years old. Like most old windsurfers, if you don't have a matching rig, you don't have anymore than a badly shaped surfboard.

true, you'd never make it into the rear strap with a modern sail (made after 2000.

J
likesitwindy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: A rig before 1992 will work ..... Reply with quote

anything after this year would NOT ( one guy said 2000 ??? ) huh ?? Also ...when I worked at The Helm ...these boards are left there alot ...people think that they are going to a good home ( kinda like the SPCA for old unwanted windsurf boards !! ?? ) I sure did send ALOT of these boards to the grave (RIP) with a hacksaw there ...sad but true ! Most of these looked brand new ...like the board in the picture ! Recycle ...good for the can and good for the (old plastic windsurf board ??!!)
speedysailor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the helm? I can't see cutting them up for the landfill. I once brought a board that had it's mast track pulled out by the surf on me to a recycle shack. I said it was useless to me, but a guy said >>it can float, can't it?<<
Jamiewatts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes of course old boards don't match new technology. Nonetheless, someone will have a lot of fun on the Diamond Head. For sheer fun, has been hard for me to beat my Vintage Windsurfer Rocket 83 - not as fast as newer boards, but wow it turns fast, and is built like a tank. The mast foot is ridiculously far forward on that board too - makes for a different stance, but works fine (though on a wave it loves to burry the nose - ouch).
jimbeall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best use: take off the foot straps and make a bench for the backyard, no splinters and nice graphics. Enjoy Razz while dreaming of great sessions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: