myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Davis Point - Anyone sail the place anymore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rigatoni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and glowing after you sail. I remember your post from last year and you had a good Google Earth picture as well. The fact that you would be exposed to a few mile long fetch of swell from Siusan Bay and the increased current of a narrow point in the river seemed pretty promising.

You might not save too much on gas but you could avoid the toll to Sherman.

Specificlly how does one get there? Is it pretty close to New Mecca, which is at the end of Railroad Ave? Maybe we could get the SFBA to organize a sandbag session to improve that launch. Epenrose-what do you say you get this thing to happen? I hear you are on good terms with the SFBA leadership these days.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I had to borrow the sand bags to surround my office and home windows through fear of an SFBA hitman.

I was told that someone purchased a SUP in that region and it has been blacked out as a no go zone by the SFBA.

May I remind you of the the Bill of Rights and the 1st Amendment:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech (except when someone opposes the SFBA leadership) , or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble (Except opposing the SFBA), and to petition the Government for a redress of grievance.

----

Haven't you read it, founding fathers thought of everything....
eastie1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exit Railroad (n-bound), lt @ W. 10th St., Rt @ Herb White Wy, in turns into Bayside Dr., Lt @ River Park Dr. which brings you into the parking lot of Riverview park.
I think the Port Chicago sensor will tell you how it's blowing.
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Pittsburg windsurfing Reply with quote

The place that was mentioned last year is just west of "McAvoy Yacht Harbor, Pittsburg, CA." If you enter these words into Google Maps, you can see the path that leads out to a small beach on the river. It was suggested that it be made into a park with a decent windsurfing launch. I would hesitate to leave my car parked there and you now have to walk your equipment a long ways out to the water. However, it is one of the windiest places in the East Bay. When Sherman Island is lit up, this spot cranks too. I dream of it becoming a developed windsurfing site so I wouldn't have to drive another half-hour and pay a bridge toll. A resident park manager like the one at Sherman Island with similar parking and bathrooms would be ideal. A good county park might be just what the Pittsburg/Bay Point community needs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: