myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Leo Carrillo- the new kiting spot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rowena

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Leo Carrillo- the new kiting spot Reply with quote

I finally get why George the kiter/plumber (we're getting hosed no matter what...) is advertising Leo so heavily. The following post from him on ikitesurf...

Quote:
so to all you locals who dont like to share or see new faces go home and jump back on the computer and complain so more. get real it's LEO JUST OFF PCH, JUST BEFORE COUNTY LINE LOOK FOR 100'S OF KITES IN THE AIR. THIS IS THE NEW BELMONT SHORE OF MALIBU/ZEROS BEGINNER BEACH.

The reason is because, and I quote George again....

Quote:
In my opinion there is strength in numbers. More people means more political pull when an issue arises. So the posts you are doing on Leo and Zeros will really just help in the long run.

So what he's assuming is that if masses of kiters come up from points south and kite at Leo, they will simply outnumber everyone else.

Next time George is so "friendly" to you at Leo, remember what he's up to. I guess he has a plan in mind, and it looks like it's to storm Malibu City Hall if they get banned from doing kiting tricks next to little kids playing in the shallow water, surfers who have been at Leo for decades, boogie boarders and kayakers.

Also, this post from "Atomic Dawg" on ikitesurf...

Quote:
I agree that there IS power in numbers but if folks devide up into little groups that argue it will be hard to unify when the time come to storm Malibu city council or such.

Note it's "when" we unify, not "if". So everyone who's adopted the "love everybody" attitude...oops!
nealpar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro-WHINA, kiters are here to stay. Why can't you get that through your reptile head? (reference to the id picture...)

The attitude to adopt is co-exist! If you show respect and aptitude, they'll do the same. If they don't, then take it up with them, on a case by case basis, hunt them down, do whatever you gotta do, IN PERSON. It's no different than how you'd act with a fellow windsurfer.

If somebody gets injured, there will be consequences. No different than if some lame assed windsurfer runs into me on purpose, pretending it was an accident. We'll be going to my favorite sushi place: SOSUMI.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: I don't like sushi but... Reply with quote

The parks department and the local authorities are going to look at this purely from a liability aspect. The more kiters that show up, the more dangerous the place will be and some of us will be going to Nealpars favorite sushi place to seek compensation.

We can coexist with the kiters at Zeros and the windsurfers at Leo.

There are also a number of places a kiter can go between Trancas and Malibu where we windsurfers cannot. Coexisting in the slot, isn't going to happen as is evident by some of the windsurfer to windsurfer and windsurfer to surfer conflicts that still go on there.

If you read some of the iKitesurf posts, there are other kiters telling George to shut up. He may have just shot himself in the foot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: