myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nantucket and the Cape summer
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I took a windsurfing vacation on Nantucket about 11 or 12 years ago. It was fantastic but expensive. We can't really afford it these days. I'd be up for some friendly wave sailing get together on the Cape, R.I. or south shore, (weekends only). I'm not competition level but I like getting out there and going for it. Or I could man my new camara and see if I can get some good shots.
rationalnational

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nate,

I live there and havent been sailing as much the last few years as I should. Like any place some years are windy and some aren't.
Keep in touch and we will catch up for some waves some day.

Neil
rationalnational

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inland Sea, Sailworld. Theyll get shite over here in no time.

Plenty of people still regularly ride out here. It's a great place to windsurf. The kiting is fantastic. Don't forget the faggy shorts
bates

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, but last time I sailed Nantasket was less succesful. It was cross on wind and messy big waves like 5 ft. the current along the beach was with the wind, pretty poor choice of conditions, only made it past the break once. With a favorable current and breeze it can be a good spot. Mostly I sail off north beach in Hingham or Duxbury by the bridge.
scooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: North Beach? Reply with quote

Wheres North Beach in Hingham? I drive right past Hingham on my way south to Duxbury or the Cape. I've never sailed at North Beach or Nantasket. I also can't find North Beach on my map. What conditions do they work the best in? Thanks
bates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Beach is on a point near Hingham yacht club. I really only sail there in a NE breeze or and East, but never a West or Southwest, because it comes over the point. Or sometimes im there when im too lazy to drive far. If you look at a chart its just a bit west and north or the Hingham Yacht club along the shore. You sail between there and Bumpkin Island. It really isnt worth stopping for most of the time, unless you want a bit more protected and flat sailing area, such as when the breeze is nuclear. It can be alright in a sea breeze on occation in the summer, but in that case I would probably go to Duxbury.
bates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know of any french resteraunts, but I do know once I moved to Nantucket for the summery my sailing days have increased considerably. There just isnt enough wind around the boston area
rationalnational

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would probably be Olivier who sails often. He worked for years as a high end waiter at Toppers/Wauwinet. Good guy.

Bates is right about the more days. Many times Kalmus has us beat with the thermal but we are still getting 4.7-5.7 ish. Which is fine. Looking forward to getting wet soon. Need a day above 50 with sun and breeze. My warmest suit is a 4/3. No boots, etc. It's fine until late November.

Very Happy
bates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since were on the subject, I dont know his name maybe you buys do, older guy dutch maybe washes windows, sails alot at pocomo? My buddy Joe and I need some help sailing in the south shore, niether of us have sailed much in waves, maybe we will see you out this summer. where do you work on island? Water must still be freezing, not to make you jelous, but i was out in a rashie and board shorts today, but im also working in Greece. Very Happy
rationalnational

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be Frank from Germany. Another excellent fella.
Greece sounds good. I did get to Tenerife for 2 weeks in March and was going off.

I'm Neil most sailors know who I am out here.

Definitely get sailing this year. Smiths pt is now an island. Should be a good spot this year.

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: