myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NE Sailing after the Big Chill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: NE Sailing after the Big Chill Reply with quote

Anybody planning to go out on Sunday? CC bay w/a high tide at 3ish will be good from 11 on. W/a good west wind, a tee time of 11:30 will be stressless sailing at Skaket due to the low water.

Last weekend was a hit. With a little luck Im gonna try again.
rc
scooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing after the Big Chill Reply with quote

Im sailing but Im going to Deep Hole R.I. I have to pick up a sail & rig from a rep that lives near there. It sounds like a really good forecast all over! 2 good weekends in a row in December! scooper
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing after the Big Chill Reply with quote

I went out at Pleasure Bay (Boston) for about a half hour. Even with my Dakine mitts, my fingers got numb. Next weekend Ill head to the Cape or RI.
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing after the Big Chill Reply with quote

too tired to type
Kalmus,4.0 flat, 6 other sailors, Solid A
rc

ps: give the hands a break they will warm up if youre dressed right
scooper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing after the Big Chill Reply with quote

I sailed at Pt Judith from 12:30-4:00. During the last few hours my hands were a little numb and my feet were very numb. My hands warmed up right away when I stopped at sunset but my feet took a long time. I like the glacier gloves that i use for my hands but would like to find a better bootie liner for my
feet> great day !
scooper
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing after the Big Chill Reply with quote

I had a pair of Feet Heaters for 20 years. Tried several others untill a pair of ONeill 7mm round toes. Fell in love with them right off. Check the sizes as they run small.
rc
scooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing after the Big Chill Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the tip. I bought the best cold water booties I could find localy but the 7mm ONeill looks much warmer. I just ordered a pair online. scooper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: