myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anybody out in NE for Thanaksgiving?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Anybody out in NE for Thanaksgiving? Reply with quote

Today (txgiving) looks alittle to rough for me. I did get out yesterday afternoon at the outer Capes Pleasant Bay. Launching off the the Chatham golf course side was pretty good - NNE. It took about 3 runs to go from a 5.0 to a 4.0. Drysuit only conditions with the air @ 48F, the water was water OK.

There was even peeks of the sun.

The only thing that drove me out was my energy management skills. Flat out w/a 4.0 by 3:00pm.

rc
dcharlton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: RE: Anybody out in NE for Thanaksgiving? Reply with quote

I couldnt pull of thx giving without ticking off most of my family. Today, however is looking good and Im going to try to hit some RI spots.

Should be a little warmer today to.
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: RE: Anybody out in NE for Thanaksgiving? Reply with quote

About five of us were out in Pleasure Bay. The better sailors were doing OK. I had a rough time. The wind ranged from 10 to 30 knts so it was hard to control.
Still looks gusty today but Im heading to Fogland RI.
flaherty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: RE: Anybody out in NE for Thanaksgiving? Reply with quote

Friday was good at Chapin. Gnarly at first with the incoming tide and gustiness. When the tide switched at 1:30 the wind dropped, some and the waves were big and smooth, on the outside. Not cold at all with my Bare dry suit, no gloves either, and Im usualy the coldest one on the beach , with the most rubber. 3.3 for me , others were on 3.7 to 4.7. Ive found with gustiness, go with a smaller sail, and floatier board. I usually have the smallest sail on the beach, but was planning 90% of the time and riding the nice swell. Got a few nice jumps in too. Felt like it may be the last session of the year, but its been a warm Nov. and still is.
outcast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: RE: Anybody out in NE for Thanaksgiving? Reply with quote

Sailed Block Island Friday....unreal... perfect side-sideoff
Head to logo, DTL. just me...
No hood, do gloves.
I want More Rhode Island feedback>>>
scooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: RE: Anybody out in NE for Thanaksgiving? Reply with quote

Where did you sail on B.I.? I had a nice session at crescent beach in a ENE wind on the Columbus day weekend. Ive never sailed there in a side-off but Ive heard its pretty good- scooper
outcast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Anybody out in NE for Thanaksgiving? Reply with quote

Mansion Beach.....Crescent Beach is what 2 miles long ?, but probably curves 35 degrees or more.
Mansion is most north, and has therefore faces
maybe ESE. I thought the wind was NNE that Friday, but the meters showed NE.
Some rocks,
slighly longer walk access. Beachbreak maybe a bit more. Works well on a SW wind as well. Too crowded in-season.
Rarely if its right, you can get it on the oppposite (Ballards) side of Old harbour on North wind. Ive had fun launching from Scotch too, but thats side onto onshore.
How often are you there?.....you sail the cape too huh?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: RE: Anybody out in NE for Thanaksgiving? Reply with quote

Northeast OREGON, you bet. Port Kelley, in the REAL gorge way east of the mini-gorge at Hood River, lit up with 3.5 wind and swell the size of small houses on Thanksgiving Day.

Then three days later the season ended for sane people when the temps dropped by 30-40 degrees. Wink

Mike \m/
scooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: RE: Anybody out in NE for Thanaksgiving? Reply with quote

I go to B.I. twice a year- Memorial day weekend & Columbus day weekend. A group of us (windsurfers-all different levels, bikers etc.)have been going for about 20 years on the same weekends. We stay at the Surf Hotel. I wonder if Ive sailed with you there before. Are you a local? I also sail at Deep Hole, Georges, Scarborough Beach, Ninegret, and the Cape. Its all about the same driving distance for me. scooper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: